chris christiaansz ungerer on Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:14:28 +0100 (CET)

Re: [Ducks] Re: <nettime> Frank Rieger: We lost the War--Welcome to the World of Tomorrow

i would like to take issue with this small part of the debate:

<snippet>
> We should start a completely different debate. How much freedom _are_ we
> willing to give up for safety? _Who_ is willing to give up such
freedoms, and ..
</snippet>

"those willing to give up freedom for security deserve and will get
neither"

(after ben. franklin)

by the way, the dutchies did very well indeed. they caught 40 000
terrorists in the first year that identification was compulsory in the
netherlands. ten percent of these id-less terrorists were children.

well done .nl! do keep up the good work.

chris