Tilman Baumgaertel on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:10:13 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> advertisement for myself / net.art 2.0

Hi!

I recently found out that my book "net.art 2.0" is now finally available in
the US. When it came out, a lot of people were eager to get it, but back
then the distributor in the US was useless. There were some sightings of
the book in some museums, but then it became impossible to find the book in
the US. The German publisher has now decided on a new US-distributor, and
judging from the other German books they have in their catalogue, they seem
to be quite well-connected.

Since I keep getting emails asking how to get the book and a number of
members of this list repeatedly asked for permission to use parts of it in
semester readers for art classes, I would like to point that out you should
be able to get it through the channels through which books are distributed:
http://www.artbook.com/3933096669.html

The book is in German and English. It contains interviews with 20 artists
that work on the Internet, a theoretical introduction, and it is quite
beautifully designed. It is not exactly cheap though ( $ 40).

Yours,
Tilman

Dr. Tilman Baumgaertel
College of Mass Communication, Plaridel Hall
University of the Philippines, Diliman
Quezon City 1101, Philippines
office hours: Mo, 12:00 - 12:45
email: mail@tilmanbaumgaertel.net