nettime's digest on Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:39:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Using copyright to stop .. [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Using copyright to stop the publication of 'mein kampf'
     martin hardie <martin.hardie@gmail.com>

   Re: <nettime> Using copyright to stop the publication of 'mein kampf'
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>

   Re: <nettime> Using copyright to stop the publication of 'mein kampf'
     Karl-Erik Tallmo <ketallmo@nisus.se>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:22:18 +0200
From: martin hardie <martin.hardie@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Using copyright to stop the publication of 'mein kampf'

felix

though not quite on point early copyright in the UK - Statute of Anne
times or before (I have to think); was consistently used by the church
and the state as a means to stop the dissemination of blashpemous or
political material. Samuel ricketson in his text book on Ip discusses
this quite a bit, but miy copy is somewher on my sisters cattle farm
in the middle of Queensland... I think also foucault talks about this
practice in his artcile/paper/chapter on the death of the author (the
title is a little different to that from memory) ... just some history
for you

martin