Viveka Weiley on Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:05:58 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> What's the meaning of "non-commercial"?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:02:11 +0100, Florian Cramer
<cantsin@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> The only thing that prevents people from using the GPL for
> non-software work is that it speaks of the licensed work as "the program",
> not "the work".

Thus, we have the Gnu Free Documentation license, as used by wikipedia
(and many other projects):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_the_GNU_Free_Documentation_License

V.
--