Alan Sondheim on Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:17:53 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> The Spoons Collective (fwd)

Spoons

Cybermind and fiction-of-philosophy, now wryting, began in association
with Spoons, and on the Spoons servers. Malgosia Askanas has been the
major force, I believe, in Spoons - which has brilliantly housed a number
of philosophy lists for years.

The fading of the collective is, I think, incredibly sad, and for me, (I
don't speak for anyone else) reflects not only the growth of the somewhat
protective domains of the blogs, but also the increasing turn to the right
wing in the United States, accompanied by an erosion of discourse. This
erosion isn't only found in enclave-building, acerbic commentary, the
usual disunity, but also in a very real exhaustion: how we can talk, and
talk, and talk...

Alan (below forwarded with permission)