nettime's terrorism think tank on Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:02:30 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> What causes Terrorism [2x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Re: nettime What Causes Terrorism?
     John <3v1l.hax0r@gmail.com>

   Re: <nettime> Re: nettime What Causes Terrorism?
     Michael H Goldhaber <mgoldh@well.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:40:58 -0700
From: John <3v1l.hax0r@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Re: nettime What Causes Terrorism?

I think it is clear there are two questions:

1. Why is the tactic of terrorism used?
2. Why are some Muslim groups resorting to Terrorism?

I was writing specifically about #1 and generally about #2.  I would
very much like to be illuminated about #2.  I touched on it to support
my assertions about #1.

I only mention Mossad in the context of #1.  Israel has been extremely
effective at terrorizing the terrorists, and I think this environment
necessitated the distributed nature of The Base.  That was my only
point, I am not some Zionist kook.

Any care to comment on the observation that Wahhabism seems to have
overtaken Marxism as  the major ideology behind today's
resistance/anti-empire movements?  Is the massive production and
distribution of Western culture via modern media a factor in this?

(I am aware that there are still Marxist movements)