Michael H Goldhaber on Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:56:45 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> wobblies

I'm always hearing people come up with new ways to say "www" ; a number of
European languages don't really use the letter; small children have
trouble with it. Conclusion: any number of people could have come up with
this slightly jocular and familiar reference to the otherwise overly
formal (and redundant)  "International Workers of the World."

As to Hardt and Negri, I plowed through Empire and thought, though it
contains interesting nuggets here and there, that on the whole it is a
cloud of ill-justified pontificating.

Best,

Michael