nettime's sweaty digestion on Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:41:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The Art of Sweatshops [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> The Art of Sweatshop
     Andrew Ross <andrew.ross@nyu.edu>

   Re: <nettime> The Art of Sweatshops
     Felix Stalder <felix@openflows.org>

   Re: <nettime> The Art of Sweatshops
     John <3v1l.hax0r@gmail.com>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 15:22:28 -0400
From: Andrew Ross <andrew.ross@nyu.edu>
Subject: Re: <nettime> The Art of Sweatshop

Felix,

Fair enough, I accept the analysis, though would add the following. Not everything that comes out of China is "outsourced." Most Chinese service firms stand on their own two feet (as Mao used to say). They may not have finessed their marketing pitch, hence the awkward language of this spam ( as I recall it). On the other hand, the awkward language may well have been ventriloquized by some canny Western scamster who wants prospective customers to think they can take advantage of an underwitting Asian shop. As with so much Internet flotsam, we will never know, but our interpretations do say a lot about our assumptions.

AR/