Heiko Recktenwald on Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:14:05 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> EU sponsors pro-DRM PR

Vielen Dank.

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Felix Stalder wrote:

> Apparently, the Commission believes there is nothing fundamentally wrong
> with the idea, it only needs some better public relations. The first few

It was extremely interesting to see websites in Canada, that has not yet
implemented the WIPO treaties yet. They had more time to think and there
is a stronger position than usual in the sense of "Save copyright, fight
DRM."

But I dont know anything of the mainstream there. The current situation is
clear, the dear and noble judge has decided, see
http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/T-292-04.pdf

Well, there was never much Lobby in Brussels pro consumers.

H.