nettime's ()" <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net> on Wed, 26 May 2004 02:42:26 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Negri with Ballestrini... [Recktenwald, Geer 2x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Re: Heiko's hammer - ... to Battisti to Agamben and Pantani
     Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>

   Re: <nettime> Negri with Ballestrini  to Battisti and on amnesty
     Benjamin Geer <ben@socialtools.net>

   Re: <nettime> Re: Heiko's hammer - ... to Battisti to Agamben and Pantani
     Benjamin Geer <ben@socialtools.net>

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 14:18:40 +0200 (CEST)
From: Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Re: Heiko's hammer - ... to Battisti to Agamben and Pantani

Dear Martin, thanks!

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Martin Hardie wrote:

> I think Heiko has hit the nail on the head - amnesty like extradition is
> not a judicial question but a political question. It is a question of
> the exception - the archetypicial question of legal matters in these
> times in which we live. It is a question of law which is not Law but
> carries with it the force of Law.  This to me is the thing that Ben

Ok.

> refuses to acknowledge - that we live in a time not of law but of
> exception where what is Law is not what is handed down to us by rational

Wouldnt say that. Didnt think about it.
The amnesty/law question is eternal ;-)
Maybe Ben understands it, if he thinks about the governor of some
US state, when he changes death penalty to something else, he is above the
law.
Or the policeman, who gives him a ticket for driving to fast or not, a
similar situation.

H.