Craig Brozefsky on Thu, 15 Apr 2004 00:34:58 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Hardt & Negri "Counseling the aristocrats"

Louis Proyect asked me to forward this:

Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:22:51 -0400
From: Louis Proyect <lnp3@panix.com>

> There are much more interesting criticisms of the Hardt & Negri
> piece than the rantings of a trotskyite whose consistent
> preoccupation (and accusation against others) is that others are
> famous when he is not.

Famous? I prefer infamy.

> To be sure, Hardt & Negri have done no one, let alone themselves a
> favour in their recent article; but surely there are better
> criticisms of it to read than the dross churned out by Proyect.
> Some of those are here:
> http://lists.village.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/spoons/a
> rchive1.pl?list=aut-op-sy.archive ... sans the collapse of any
> recent european philosophy into some unfied conspiracy against the
> correct path outlined by Lenin, and sans any yearnings for storming
> the winter palace.
>
> Angela

Instead of bashing Lenin, our autonomist friends would be better advised
to understand the logic that would lead H&N to counsel the aristocrats.
On the aut-op-sy mailing list, they call the latest analysis "mad" as if
H&N woke up one morning and decided for some ungodly reason to back the
Empire against imperialism (as if this were a coherent position to begin
with.) The autonomist comrades would be better off rereading "Empire"
and trying to understand why H&N placed any credibility in Marx's
troubled Tribune articles on India, a surefire indication that faith was
being placed in capitalist progress as I pointed out to them.

--
Sincerely, Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com>
Kontact -- http://www.red-bean.com/kontact/wiki.cgi