auskadi@tvcabo.co.mz on Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:10:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> The State of Networking (with Florian Schneider)

Benjamin Geer wrote:

>geert lovink wrote:
>

>>After an exciting first phase of introductions and
>>debates, networks are put to the test: either they transform into a body
>>that is capable to act, or they remain stable on a flatline of information
>>exchange, with the occasional reply of an individual who dares to
>>disagree.
>>

>Maybe this is because those people are using the wrong tools for the
>job.  ..............
>
>Ben

I am actually tending to wonder whether this is because people feel
bound to the rules or mantras that the networks where originally founded
in relation to. Like the Floss rules set out in Freedom 0 Freedom 1 etc
etc. Decisions on network architectures seem to be bound by principles
that don't allow space for politics. Everything gets sucked back into
the rational consesnus and that individual who seeks to disagree appears
as a loony who doesnt understand the freedoms inherent in the network
structures. To borrow from the Negrian dictionary  the networks becomes
"constituted" by the tenents of for example correct Floss philosophy,
and cease to be "constituent".

I am thinking out loud here on nettime.

Martin

--
"the riddle which man must solve, he can only solve in being, in
being what he is and not something else...."