Colin McLean on Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:06:29 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Radio Patapoe urgently requests......

     [ attached .jpg deleted @ nettime -- mod (tb) ]

Hi,
Most of you are probably aware of the current concerted
attempts by local police, Agentschap Telecom's Etherflits
division [responsible for "cleansing" the Dutch airwaves], and
our local authority to force Free Radio Patapoe [97.2FM
Amsterdam] off air, an action which if successful will mean
that for the first time in about 25 years, there will be no
free, independent voice transmitting to the people of
Amsterdam.

Full background and regular updates about the situation are
posted at.....
http://freeteam.nl/patapoe

Radio Patapoe urgently requests all free radio makers,
listeners and sympathisers to make a valuable contribution to
our efforts to save our station and ensure the continuation of
Free Radio in the city of Amsterdam by sending messages of
support to patapoe@freeteam.nl

All messages received by tomorrow morning will be printed and
presented to the head of the local authority who has agreed to
meet with us tomorrow to discuss the situation. The outcome of
this meeting could well be crucial to the continuing existence
of Radio Patapoe in its current location. If we are able to
demonstrate MASSIVE local and international support, it may
well tip the balance in our favour.

The situation is CRITICAL and unless there are some
developments in our favour by tomorrow evening [monday 16th
feb], the vereniging which is responsible for the building
which currently hosts the station, under pressure from police
and local authorities, has requested Patapoe to cease FM
transmissions and remove our antenne from the roof of the
building.

ACT AGAINST REPRESSIVE DUTCH MEDIA LAWS..... send your support
mails to patapoe@freeteam.nl

Transmissions continue on 97.2FM [Amsterdam area] and worldwide
via our internet streams.....
http://freeteam.nl/patapoe/listen.htm

Thank you for listening.

Greetings,