Jon Lebkowsky on Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:42:57 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> [Howard Dean bio]

Dave Pentecost sent this message to a much of Howard Dean activists:

... here's an update on the Dean biography which, as some of you know, I began
editing 2 weeks ago. The biography was to be produced by ABC News Productions
under contract to A&E. With too little time and too small a budget (as usual
these days) but with excellent interviews, including Zephyr, we were racing to
get it finished in time for New Hampshire.

Without seeing any scripts or roughcuts, an A&E executive decided to stop
production on the bio. The reason given - bios of politicians do poorly in the
ratings. Based on what evidence? A Tom Ridge biography they had commissioned.

Along with the CBS decision not to air the MoveOn spot, you may file this under
"Why Big Media does not get it."

Dave Pentecost
<<<

Jon Lebkowsky