Mitch Pellecchia on Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:51:46 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> The Dean campaign and the Internet

Michael H. Goldhaber has this to say concerning Dean and the
Internet

"I bring all this up in the hopes that nettimers will discuss this model
of politics via the Internet and what it might portend/teach."

What is really astonishing is how much money the Dean has raised over
the Web. However, I still have yet to receive anything via the Internet
asking for a donation, and I'm on a million mailers. What also amazes me
is that Dean is no better a public speaker than Bush, yet he remains the
Democratic front-runner. I would just hate to see the Internet create
the same political environment as television advertising - It reaches
out to groups who are more or less uninformed of the issues and
vulnerable at every turn.

Mitch Pellecchia
FusedOnline.com