Sasha Costanza-Chock on Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:42:02 +0100 (CET)

re re <nettime> WSIS? WE SEIZE! [en / fr]]

Dear Patrice,

I've been organizing for and alerting people about WSIS for over a year
now! look for earlier post on nettime called 'WSIS, the neoliberal agenda,
and counterproposals from civil society.' meanwhile various groups have
been organizing independently. I finally arrived in geneve two days ago,
connected w/geneva03 folks (I learned about them from the link on
indymedia global, which has been up for months,) and again the usual
disorganized way the schedule of events wasn't even ready until yesterday!
also yesterday someone here wrote a script to pull out all 6000 names of
the delegates so the communique couldbe sent to them. then we all blast it
out! it's all ad hoc and deccentralized (too much so, it's really messy
here right now, but out of the chaos some nice things will also be taking
shape).

So I agree, it's too bad it couldnb't have been better organized - maybe
we should start NOW for the second phase in Tunis, 2005!!!

Also, there is a clear invitation for DEcentralized participation, for
example through the High Noon project. and the open publishing at
hubproject.org is another place to contribute, as well as the wiki
geneva03.net . . .

so i hope 2005 will be better? peace
sasha