Morlock Elloi on Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:49:04 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Linux strikes back III

> any commercial software company would have done whose licenses had been
> breached), but for releasing the modified code in public. So I don't
> know what you take issue with?!

I take issue with a Good Cop principle. There is no such thing - if you want to
use so-called legal system and IP property laws you become just one of the
parties that help maintain the whole thing, enriching lawyers and "leaders"
along the way. OS is created by many and the cause/ideology exploited by a
small fraction of loud ones. Exploited in $, celebrity status and attention
grabbing sense.