james_jesus_nettime on Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:06:35 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> spyless in kazaa digest [guderian x2, byfield, flagan]

Re: <nettime> Earth Station 5 Declares War Against The Motion Picture
     Carl Guderian <carlg@vermilion-sands.com>
     t byfield <tbyfield@panix.com>
     Carl Guderian <carlg@vermilion-sands.com>
     Are Flagan <areflagan@transcodex.net>

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 20:18:22 +0000
From: Carl Guderian <carlg@vermilion-sands.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Earth Station 5 Declares War Against The Motion Picture

auskadi wrote:

> Nettimers,
>
> I love the rhetoric here but need to play with it to see if it lives up
> to the job in practice.
>
> http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK2.story&STORY=/www/story/08-19-2003/0002003023&EDATE=TUE+Aug+19+2003,+06:14+AM

I'd love to see some hard data on this. Some (other) paranoid friends
looked it over earlier in the week and the address and whois seemed to
check out, but they didn't have the resources (or connections) to really
go in depth.

No points for suggesting Mossad Trojan Horse (for zombifying your PC to
blast local pro-Palestinian websites offline), or pointing out that
Palestinian enclaves aren't usually associated with burgeoning software
industries or high bandwidth and have enough enemies to add the RIAA and
WIPO to the list. How anyone can keep Terminator 3 on a server that's
constantly in danger of being shelled or bulldozed is beyond me.

But I wouldn't go around installing strange executables on my PC, even
from ideological fellow travelers. Maybe somebody can take it apart and
see what makes it tick?

Carl

--
Games are very educational. Scrabble teaches us vocabulary, Monopoly
teaches us cash-flow management, and D&D teaches us to loot the bodies.