N Jett on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:37:54 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The coming Internet Ice Age

Sounds easy enough to fix, just add a feature to google which filters out
results based on their last update - e.g. you search for "gogobot blog
transhuman politics" and then type in a date "12.4.01", either in a seperate
box, or preferable with a command in front of it, like the site-only search
command "site:http://gogobot.blogspot.com";, "date:12.4.01". You end up with
only post-"ice age" results. Assuming such an ice age exists, I'm not
convinced. I don't dispute that a lot of older sites are no longer updating,
but perhaps what we are really seeing is primarily the "free-market of
ideas" in effect, it seems just as plausible.

=jett (http://gogobot.blogspot.com)

 <...>