cpaul on Sat, 31 May 2003 17:50:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nettime-bold is <bleep>

abroeck@transmediale.de wrote:

> the whole thing is really easy; you create a mailing list that
> receives everything sent to nettime-l as a forward; this list is
> nettime-bold

> all you need to do is ask the nettime mods for including
>
> forward inc@fastmedia.net
>
> and you get the whole thing unfiltered. become a bold archivist!

> i am surprised why people are not more inventive when it
> comes to creating alternative channels.

as such the bold feed had a noticibly degraded signal to noise
ratio, since it was missing messages which were not originally
sent to the correct nettime-l address.

this unfortunately reduced its usefulness as a playground for
inventiveness, for archiving, and even for reading by humans.

i am not disappointed to see that generation of nettime-bold go.
if it gives the moderators troubles, end it.

i would like to engage with an unmoderated nettime, but i think
the difficulty of accessing a raw feed in its fullness continues
recursively.