edmar on Fri, 2 May 2003 12:23:05 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> War Digest 2.4 (late May Day edition)

"you can't even have a peaceful film festival on May day without the pigs
bothering you..."
- Overheard last nite at buddy..

For the record.. the Chicago Police Department has the Buddy space and the
4th Annual Anarchist Film Festival on a watch list this weekend, according
to a District 14 Lieutenant.  Last nite a renegade cop harrassed a bunch of
filmgoers, because they refused to respond to his catcalls on the street in
front of the space.  We refused his entry as he gathered random peoples
I.D.s at the door to see if they were wanted for crimes or had outstanding
warrants. We have him on tape telling us he could do "whatever he wanted to"
do. His "Good Cop" compatriot returned our IDs without hassle and actually
seemed embarrassed by his colleagues lameness..  ATTN CPD: Don't you know we
have you under surveillance, too?? Please keep the dickhead, rambo types
away this weekend. We want to enjoy watching MOVIES this weekend. Send the
Dumb cop types away to drunken yuppie duty and send us the remaining humans
left in the force if you really need to come by.

anyway.

I believe that if the american public knew the extent of information
regarding how much the Bush administration was warned of the 9-11
skyjackings and 'attacks" or  complicit in the arming and training of al
quaeda that the Bush team could lose their mind control mastery over the
American public. Recent cracks in the cement, if you are looking, show a
noticeable pattern of cover-up, foot dragging and contemptible obstruction
of the truth. The Bush men know, too that if the public get their hands on
the evidence, that their reign of terror would come to an end. Hell he might
not even get re-elected.

The  White house is restricting access to the "official" investigation, even
classifying as top secret, information that has already been reported in
such agressive  investigative reporting outlets, (haha) as the New York
Times. The Bush secrecy reveals the underlying  paranoia they are gripped
with.

so some headlines..

The Secrets of September 11
The White House is battling to keep a report on the terror attacks secret.
Does the 2004 election have anything to do with it?
http://www.msnbc.com/news/907379.asp

Of course, inthe Bush Age,  if  you try to tell the truth you get fired.
Lawyer: FBI agent's job in jeopardy because she blew the whistle
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/04/30/fbi.whistleblower/

9/11 widows upset that gov no investigating the 9-11 attacks
"We live in a country where everything is under investigation, and yet we
have to ask the government, and it's not interested in an investigation?
They dragged their heels,"
http://www.southjerseynews.com/issues/april/m041403p.htm

NYC gets flak from 9/11 families, panel
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030409-025324-7910r

good new, perhaps..
One 9/11 Commissioner Stands Up to Justice Dept Control
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030430-054848-3832r

// / / / / / /

War news::

Bush (right after his jet landing on an aircraft carrier) speech. what a
fucking asshole. This is how B-rolls for the election campaign are made.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/01/international/worldspecial/02PREXY-TEXT.ht
ml?ex=1052851696&ei=1&en=c4fb73340a35a8c8

//

Iraqis left baffled as Don drops in for a chat
Ewen MacAskill in Baghdad
After more than two decades of Saddam Hussein, the Iraqis are used to
bizarre television and radio broadcasts. But not even that prepared them for
yesterday's broadcast by the US defence secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, to the
Iraqi nation.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,947144,00.html

//

A coincidence to don's landing? death follows him everywhere..
Killings in Al Fallujah, City of Mosques
Has America Taken on a New Military Culture with New Rules that Allow Us to
Kill Civilians at Will?
http://www.counterpunch.org/hamod05012003.html

//

U.S. Will Add Iraq Overseer
http://www.latimes.com/la-war-iraq2may02,0,4067299.story

//

Israelis kill 16 Palestinians killed in Gaza, West Bank and no one cares.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=289390&contrassID=2&su
bContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listSrc=Y

//

And some nice geopolitical analysis form the cats at counterpunch.
The Age of Unilateral War
Iraq, the United States and the End of the European Coalition

WAR AT HOME ACTION>>

Want to make sure we don't allow the  FOX news channel to run all the news
in your community?
stop the FCC from passing new legislation to allow them to do just that,
Just go to http://www.mediareform.net and follow the instructions below. It
will take about 5 minutes of your time.

///

Generation Y: Defending our civil liberties
http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/04302003/news/26005.htm

//

Conservatives Rise for the Bill of Rights!
'Everyone in This Room Is a Suspect'
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0318/hentoff.php

////////

You or someone you knew put you on the lumpen buddy list.
If you want to stop the deluge just email ed@lumpen.com and please type
"take me off your list" in the subject line.

http://www.lumpen.com

"Naturally the common people don't want war...But, after all, it is the
leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter
to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist
dictatorship, or parliament or a communist dictatorship. All you have to do
is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of
patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every
country."

--Hermann Goering, (1893-1946) Nazi Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg
Trials, 4/18/46. From _Nuremberg Diary_ by Gustave Gilbert.