nettime's hypocrite on Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:42:23 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> hypocritical theory [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> hypocritical theory
     "Kimberly Dickerson" <kfjd@operamail.com>

   Re: nettime-l-digest V1 #1139
     J-D marston <mars0139@umn.edu>

   Re: <nettime> hypocritical theory
     Doug Henwood <dhenwood@panix.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:17:46 +0100
From: "Kimberly Dickerson" <kfjd@operamail.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> hypocritical theory

But will it necessarily die, or instead take on the form of theory for it's own sake (means with no end)?  The exscinding of any pretense of utility from the particular investitures of theoreticians into their NeopetsŪ?  'Pataphysics anyone?

>From Shattuck's Superliminal Note:

4. For 'Pataphysics, all things are equal.
The pataphysician not only accepts no final scientific explanation of the universe, he also rejects all values, moral, esthetic, and otherwise. The principle of universal equivalence and the conversion of opposites reduces the world in its pataphysical reality to particular cases only. All the more reason, indeed, that the pataphysician should enjoy "working," and in the most diverse ways, should respond to all the normal (and "abnormal") appetites of the flesh and the spirit, should sometimes behave with considerateness toward his neighbor and even fulfil a "responsible" role in society. 'Pataphysics preaches no rebellion and no acquiescence, no new morality nor immorality, no political reform nor reaction and certainly no promise of happiness nor unhappiness. What would be the use, all things being equal?

- --
http://www.operamail.com
Get OperaMail Premium today - USD 29.99/year

Powered by Outblaze