nettime's digst on Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:23:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Iraq, Israel, Terrorism and Warfighting [3x]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> Iraq, Israel, Terrorism and Warfighting
     Chaim Gingold <cog@slackworks.com>

   Re: <nettime> Iraq, Israel, Terrorism and Warfighting
     Rick Bradley <roundeye@roundeye.net>

   Re: <nettime> Iraq, Israel, Terrorism and Warfighting
     Ian Dickson <ian@iand.demon.co.uk>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 23:07:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chaim Gingold <cog@slackworks.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Iraq, Israel, Terrorism and Warfighting

If we repeat this enough times, does it become true?

It certainly helps your argument to claim that Hamas is repelling invaders
of Palestinian territory, and it is, but if and only if you grant that
pre-1967 Israel is an illegal occupation to be liberated. This does, of
course, contradict your claim that most Arabs & Arab Palestinians can live
with a 1967 Israel.

I never cease to be amazed at people who draw conclusions about the
Arab-Israeli conflict, especially those regarding the legitimacy of
intentionally murdering noncombatants, with such flimsy knowledge of even
the most basic facts about the situation.

Given that a solution to the problem is political, and will ultimately be
reached through negotiation (obvious given the unlimited aims of Hamas,
Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, etc...), the legitimacy and even usefulness of
violence is generally suspect.

You don't have to take my word for it; consult the web sites & information
disseminated by these groups directly. Or maybe we should trust your claim
that most Arabs & Palestinian Arabs can live with a 1967 Israel? I'll let
Hamas speak for themselves.

Chaim