nettime on Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:56:03 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> al jazeera digest [costanza-chock, gatsby]

Sasha Costanza-Chock <schock@asc.upenn.edu>
     ALJazeera needs mirrors!!! [fwd]
jay gatsby <principio_0@yahoo.com>
     New English Al Jazeera Site in taken down in U.S.

From: Sasha Costanza-Chock <schock@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:10:41 -0500
Subject: ALJazeera needs mirrors!!! [fwd]

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Costanza [mailto:PCostanza@mcls.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 4:48 PM
To: schock@asc.upenn.edu
Subject: Media wars

In the last 24 hours Al-Jazeera has been thrown out of the NY Stock
Exchange, where it has been reporting from for years, and from the
NASDAQ exchange. More importantly, both their Arabic and new English sites
are down under massive DOS attacks. They should be given multiple mirrors in
Europe and US. The mirrors could even use video feeds from their satellite TV,
which I think is still up. There is no uprising in Basra, by the way.