nomeparece on Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:13:43 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> information wants to be free

in searching for images of airplanes fumigating fields, coca or amapola
fields to be precise...after trying goolge with no luck i went to a
"untrustful" search engine and results where much better, why? phps cause
the crawler hasnt update yet its results..but the list was far more than
big and old compared to the zero results in google...try it:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=%22fumigacion+ilicitos%22&btnG=Google+Search

compared with:

http://search.metacrawler.com/texis/search?q=%22fumigacion+ilicitos%22&cat=web&method=all&brand=metacrawler&qk=20&timeout=&rpe=10&collate=1&cat=web&top=1&refer=mc-results1

keywords: "fumigacion ilicitos"

a compared search can be obtained using:

http://search.dogpile.com

::::::Abe Burmeister escribio:::
>One Google To Rule Them All
>http://www.abe1x.org/blog/archives/000040.html
>
>Everybody loves Google, yes? [ http://www.google.com ] It makes the
>internet work, answers our questions, plus its friendly and pop-up free.
>Brand Channel just named it the brand of the year, number one the world
>over. [ http://www.brandchannel.com/start1.asp?id=143 ]  Apple built Google
>right into the interface to its new browser. [ http://www.apple.com/safari/
>]  Google is rapidly becoming essential, perhaps even omnipotent. And that
>is the problem. Google is rapidly become the biggest threat to the free
>internet around.

[....]

http://www.egs.edu