nettime's_old_world on Wed, 5 Feb 2003 04:04:22 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> irrelevant and useless digest [bc, rochkind]

Re: <nettime> France, Germany Irrelevant; Switzerland Useless
     bc <human@electronetwork.org>
     Jonathan Rochkind <j-rochkind@northwestern.edu>

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:02:09 -0600
Subject: Re: <nettime> France, Germany Irrelevant; Switzerland Useless
From: bc <human@electronetwork.org>

  it should be mentioned that on some big media
  broadcast (may have been the BBC) reporting on
  the Davos meeting, that one of the participants
  commented on the rest of the world (outside) with
  a pithy remark about 'those outside' the process as
  'throwing snowballs' at those inside the building. it
  may have been a symbolic reference to protesters,
  yet it seemed to indicate everything outside the old
  industrial worldview. a masterwork for media archives.
  bc