Biotic Baking Brigade on Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:32:34 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> "Confectioners without Borders" On the Attack in Porto Alegre

The english translation of the brief manifesto for the
Confectioners without Borders action today at a
Worker's Party press conference in Porto Alegre,
Brazil--a pie in the face of Jose Genoino, the president
of the Worker's Party.

To compliment the actions taken this afternoon, the
International Association of Confectioners without Borders
addresses the public to say that:

We repudiate the confusion promoted by the Worker's Party
that wishes to make us believe that our movement, or the
movement of movements, can be represented or incarnated in
some type of government. We address the public to say that the
wave that carries the Worker's Party to electoral success is not,
in any form, the same wave that lifts the movement against
capitalist globalization. Our movement is without leaders or
representatives. No one can speak in our name. If someone in
Davos "represents" the movement, it is ourselves, the thousands
that occupy the roads of Geneva in protest against the reunion
of bankers, businessman, and governments that the Worker's
Party legitimates.

The hope for change that we carry cannot one more time be
coopted and frustrated by politicians and political parties that
wish to promote themselves at our expense. This time we are
going to do things differently.

In the spirit of Larry, Curly and Moe, we greet the politician
Jose Genoino.

That all politicians leave!
A world without leaders is possible.

Confectioners without Borders
Porto Alegre section

@@

"You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of your pie that you truly give."
-Kahlil Gibran (1883-1931)

The Biotic Baking Brigade.....coming soon to a pie-o-region near you.

bbb@asis.com                              http://www.asis.com/~bbb/

Friends of the BBB: c/o POB 40130, San Francisco, CA 94140, Amerika