Beth Rogers on Sun, 26 Jan 2003 20:58:47 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Could we be tracked by micro RFID tags ...

Its not those little tags or what you buy (this is already computerized
information if you use a regular credit card or go to Amazon.com) that you
have to worry about it will be that RFID credit card that will have a strong
enough/long enough range signal for the reader device to catch you as you
exit the store and then go on your not-so-private way.  I don't think the
card will have an on/off switch.

But I think you are asking if privacy is different from identity and my
answer would be that lack of privacy is having everyone know your identity
and what you are wearing.