Bruce Sterling on Sun, 26 Jan 2003 06:11:52 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> The majordomo panoply of other nettimes

Geert Lovink remarks:  "The nettime project in my
view has come to halt a long time ago and has transgressed into an ordinary
majordomo mailinglist only model which is indeed free of cost."

I don't want to trouble Geert with this conundrum, but if there
is any OTHER "ordinary majordomo" list that concerns itself with
the following utterly wack, bonkers, yet peculiarly relevant series of
topics, man, I need-to-know about it.  Okay?  Clue me in pronto.

I have not yet given Rhizome five dollars, but I think I may be
willing TO PERSONALLY OFFER FIVE DOLLARS to each nettimer with
a well-thought-out essay on why this is (a) bad (b) thievery
or (c) simpleminded and impossible.  The only caveat: in exchange
your five dollars, you have to promise that, after writing it,
you DON'T PUBLISH THAT COMPLAINT ON NETTIME, or, in fact anywhere else.

If I accumulate enough of these, I am thinking a small but
exquisite leatherbound collector's edition with tipped-in plates
and a satin ribbon.

bruces

nettime-l Jan 03 by Thread

Messages are listed by thread. The last update was on 23:00 GMT Sat Jan 25.
  There are 122 messages.

*<nettime> Koerner: Why American teens don't want the new cell phones geert
lovink
*Re: <nettime> wireless commons digest [stalder, elloi] Brett Shand
*Re: <nettime> Religious Sect Announces First Cloned Baby Paul Brown
*<nettime> WiFiCo [weisman, elloi] nettime's_waterloo_monger
*<nettime> 2003 20th Anniversary of cutover from ncp/ARPANET to TCP/IP
Internet Ronda Hauben
*<nettime> Scatter(ed) Dynamics (text): audio.culture.theory tim jaeger
*<nettime> Colombia: Rebels Embrace New Technology Krystian Woznicki
*<nettime> From Korean Central News Agency of DPRK Alan Sondheim
*<nettime> M.I.T. Studies Accusations of Lies and Cover-Up of Flaws
inAntimissile System David Mandl
*<nettime> BytesForAll * 04012003 Frederick Noronha
*<nettime> Mystery Man Revealed in Microsoft Xbox Hack Contest Rachel Greene
*<nettime> The War of Time bc
*<nettime> FUCK HIP HOP: A Eulogy to Hip Hop Paul D. Miller
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> FUCK HIP HOP: A Eulogy to Hip Hop McKenzie Wark
*<nettime> Re: A Eulogy to Hip Hop Danny Butt
*<nettime> Vietnam: Cyber-dissident jailed for 12 years (rsf) geert lovink
*<nettime> Events [9x] Announcer
*<nettime> unstable digest vol 28 Florian Cramer
*<nettime> WiFiCo2 digest [elloi, albert] nettime's_ruminant
*<nettime> Fwd: Bush II Never President, Historians Conclude Bruce Sterling
*<nettime> hip hop eulogy digest [myers, eduardo] nettime_preacha
*<nettime> hip hop eulogy digest ctd. [greene, miller] nettime
*<nettime> Tehelka crushed by the power elite Bruce Sterling
*<nettime> hop hip digest [fusco, williams, porculus, butt]
nettime_mixmaster_discourse
*<nettime> hip hop digest vol. 4 [sonar radar, eyescratch, mcgee] nettime
*<nettime> Zapatista speeches, January 1st 2003 + 20,000 Zapatistas "take"
  San Cristobal,Jan 06 ricardo dominguez
*<nettime> hip hop digest vol. 5 [Guderian, Wark] nettime's digestion
*<nettime> hip hop digest vol. 6 [levesque, buhard] nettime
*<nettime> zapatate speech, right now porculus
*<nettime> the ABZ of the Copenhagen Free University matthew fuller
*<nettime> Jo & Bruce: Community Radio in Afghanistan geert lovink
*<nettime> Perry Anderson on the upcoming war Patrice Riemens
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> Perry Anderson on the upcoming war Sawad
*<nettime> re: Bennu's piece Mendi Obadike
*Re: <nettime> hip hop (in)digestion Are Flagan
*<nettime> Fw: //surveillance// Many tools of Big Brother are up and
running wade tillett
*<nettime> fwd: [IRR] US DTV: the battle is joined t byfield
*<nettime> sms(SMUT-system) use at WTO meeting - sydney dr.woooo
*<nettime> hip-hop digest dr.woooo
*<nettime> Bennu's piece & hip-hop digest Paul D. Miller
*<nettime> Announcements [9x] Announcer
*<nettime> Artificial Perception as Reality Check twsherma
*<nettime> Critics Call Digital Activation Intrusive Jim Fleming
*<nettime> Events [11x] Announcer
*<nettime> the strange mess of paul's global hip-hop eulogy digest [butt,
townsend, mcgee] nettime's_gang
*<nettime> Battered Summit-Hoppers Cordially Overlooked Bruce Sterling
*<nettime> Woah, that's some culture-jam Bruce Sterling
*<nettime> Tactical Media & Conflicting Diagrams (draft chapter) Alexander
Galloway
*<nettime> unstable digest vol 29 Florian Cramer
*Re: <nettime> Koerner: Why American teens don't want the new cellphones
Francis Hwang
*<nettime> ur-europanto redivivus: FT on clinton t byfield
*<nettime> the strange mess of paul's global hip-hop eulogy digest [butt,
townsend, mcgee] Paul D. Miller
*<nettime> Institutionalization of computer protocols (draft chapter)
Alexander Galloway
*<nettime> ITU To Propose Intl Cyberspace Treaty at WSIS (fwd) Heiko
Recktenwald
*<nettime> united we sms, divided we email digest [sgp, campion]
nettime's_big_thumb
*<nettime> EN) Updates for anti-WTO summit protest in Cancun dr.woooo
*<nettime> Publications [11x] Announcer
*<nettime> ominous rumbling about global net regulations t byfield
*<nettime> Oleg Kireev: Review of Hakim Bey-"Chaos and anarchy" in Russian
geert lovink
*<nettime> Re: One Day Left m e t a
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> Re: One Day Left Are Flagan
*<nettime> Re: One Day Left nettime's suv driver
*<nettime> FW: [CSL]: Jeremy Rifkin: Dazzled by the science David Wood
*<nettime> smsed we divide digest [recktenwald, easy listener]
nettime's_free_gateway
*<nettime> your friendly neighborhood assassin bc
*Re: <nettime> Institutionalization of computer protocols (draftchapter)
Philip Galanter
*<nettime> Interview with Slavoj Zizek (published in Haaretz) geert lovink
*<nettime> Interview with Prema Murthy on 'Mythic Hybrid' Diane Ludin
*<nettime> Bat People on the Moon Still Seem Happy robert m. tynes
*<nettime> FW: Wildlife killed by conventional farming 'flourishes in GM
fields' wade tillett
*<nettime> blinded by science digest [galanter, geer]
nettime's_natura_naturans
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> blinded by science digest [galanter, geer] Louise Desrenards
*<nettime> Dotcom Observatory Special: AOL Watch geert lovink
*<nettime> abroeck: Reseau/Resonance Andreas Broeckmann
*<nettime> Call for discussion! nettime's_spamkritik
*<nettime> I don't want to be alone in the 21st century Cornelia Sollfrank
*<nettime> froomkin: toward a critical theory of cyberspace t byfield
*<nettime> Could we be tracked by micro RFID tags? (fwd) Heiko Recktenwald
*<nettime> p.s.: don't forget to water the rhizome! digest [flagan,
guderian] nettime's_theoretical_potato
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> p.s.: don't forget to water the rhizome! digest [flagan,
guderian] porculus
*<nettime> frazzled bio art digest [thacker, crowley]
nettime's_infernal_machinist
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> frazzled bio art digest [thacker, crowley] Daniel Young
*Re: <nettime> frazzled bio art digest [thacker, crowley] Benjamin Geer
*<nettime> Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: One Day Left m e t a
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Re: One Day Left Don Cameron
*<nettime> 'No' to going it alone Ben Moretti
*<nettime> The Data-Life Theory Timothy Jaeger
*<nettime> unstable digest vol 30 Florian Cramer
*<nettime> brother, can you spare a rhizome digest [calin, bowman, hwang]
nettime's_tin_cup
*<nettime> warkogram [x2]: wark on lessig on supreme court McKenzie Wark
*<nettime> rhizome: burn rate t byfield
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> rhizome: burn rate Rachel Greene
*Re: <nettime> rhizome: burn rate John Hopkins
*Re: FW: <nettime> rhizome: burn rate Mark Tribe
*<nettime> on rhizome kevin lahoda
*<nettime> phone indymedia patch - PIMP dr.woooo
*<nettime> revenge of the concept Keith Hart
*<Possible follow-ups>
*Re: <nettime> revenge of the concept Brian Holmes
*Re: <nettime> revenge of the concept Keith Hart
*<nettime> revenge of the concept McKenzie Wark
*<nettime> Dissent of WTC Architectural Fakery bc
*<nettime> CALL DOW WEDNESDAY Ray Thomas
*<nettime> Re: Fw: Your Rhizome.org membership has just expired Raul
Ferrera-Balanquet
*<nettime> FW: [CC] BREAKING NEWS! AOL PULLS PLUG ON DIGITALCITY- Without
Telling Any one Else Michael Gurstein
*<nettime> Bombing Error in Afghanistan Puts a Spotlight on Pilots' Pills
J Armitage
*Re: <nettime> rhizome: burn rate [3x] nettime's cultural investor
*<nettime> The Spam Jamboree geert lovink
*<nettime> r h i z o m e digest [alexander, hunsinger, brace]
nettime's_privatization_authority
*<nettime> r h i z o m e dgst [x5] nettime's_fickle_customer
*<nettime> War Economics 101 Are Flagan
*<nettime> (rooting|routing) rhizome digest [pope, tribe x2, broeckmann]
nettime's_gardener
*<nettime> Fwd: sms, pimp, etc dr.woooo
*<nettime> Why and how pollsters fake Chavez's "plummeting" popularity
Craig Brozefsky
*<nettime> The Zapatistas to Invade Spain! ricardo dominguez
*<nettime> who's rhizoming who digest [porculus, byfield, bowman] nettime'
s_fun_raiser
*<nettime> Strategic Principles bc
*<nettime> Publications [14x] Announcer
*<nettime> [Fwd: Davos WEF, Live Report] patrice
*<nettime> Fwd: Aesthetic Biology, Biological Art (Rifkin, bioart, science)
  Eugene Thacker
*<nettime> Venezuelan Political Soap Opera or why are you so Liberal
Ricardo Bello
*<nettime> [meta-list] Re:[nettime] the neurosis of being earnest Lachlan
Brown
*<nettime> The Internet in Uganda Steve Cisler