Sasha Costanza-Chock on Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:21:59 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: America's Army

The U.S. Army announced that more than 400,000
people have downloaded the service's new recruiting game since it became
available last week . . . "America's Army" is a pair of games, one a
squad-based shooter imitating military tactics and another a simulation game
that replicates a typical Army career path . . . "With this great demand,
we've taken all measures to ensure that everyone who wants to play the game
will be able to," said Lt. Col. Casey Wardynski, project originator and
director. "We've increased the number of servers, increased the number of
gamers that can play in a mission, and are releasing software this week to
let gamers host their own servers."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=70&70&e=18&u=/cn/20020711/tc_cn/942939

schock@gn.apc.org
GreenNet: 44 (0)20 7713 1941
Mobile: 44 (0)79 8577 5999
www.crisinfo.org
Communication Rights in the Information Society (CRIS)