Bill Spornitz on Sun, 7 Jul 2002 22:50:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> life is packet sniffing, keep your nose clean

At 11:00 AM +0200 6/29/02, porculus wrote:
>  > All value is gone ( since 9/11 ).
>
>havent you enuf of zuch 'definitive' zing that have just the approximative
>arty aim of some collateral damage in some brit garden or to reduce the
>playground of your posterity as an exploit. you know it's not cause you
>are probably feed up about good & bad axe rhethorique you have to collapse
>or escape and trying to be safe in some chic cynism, cause you know to
>imagine you could be non proactive & innocent in digital sm foucaldian
>supersurveiller & superpunichmentpark society is a whipped dead end and a
>fuckked cul de sac. what is safe or not in our value is beyond our will &
>our power & even beyond our lucidity..beside notice how much arty is
>french in qualifying adjectivising his fucking name in 'foucaldien', it
>not only seems in some froggy assonance it growz zuddenly some leather
>wings in his fucking back but above all the foucaldian could really hover
>over to supplice to suppliciČ to you & me & all historic gallows as kind
>of perch for crow ..did you imagine there is escape to the recycling of
>your whipped & hated subject in some disgusted caressed & beloved light
>qualifying adjectivising prozess + in saying 'All value is gone ( since
>9/11 ).'

I'm sorry; the only way I know how to digest this one-paragraph-thang
is sentence-by-sentence and I hope that's okay.

At 11:00 AM +0200 6/29/02, porculus wrote:
>  > All value is gone ( since 9/11 ).

Actually, Eudora got that part wrong. That's the part that I wrote.

>havent you enuf of zuch 'definitive' zing that have just the approximative
>arty aim of some collateral damage in some brit garden or to reduce the
>playground of your posterity as an exploit.

Well, I'm not sure. I know this: We _never_ have enough; that's the
foundation of our economy! Definitive Zing? I'll take a pint. And my
posterity has gone the way of my liver.

>you know it's not cause you
>are probably feed up about good & bad axe rhethorique you have to collapse
>or escape and trying to be safe in some chic cynism, cause you know to
>imagine you could be non proactive & innocent in digital sm foucaldian
>supersurveiller & superpunichmentpark society is a whipped dead end and a
>fuckked cul de sac.

Sorry, this is confusing...I know of several fuckked cul de sacs on
several continents although I've only ever read the *comic book*
version of foucault.
Cynical? We still have the GPL, for now...  Granted, I don't live in
a police state, our police still ride horses, and that's okay with
us, since the General Strike we know how to deal with police on
horseback. In fact, since Kananaskis, they've been known as the
*polite Police*.

*Police on the motherboard* is not for us either. But seriously:
using some kind of *pretty good privacy* tool is a pretty good idea,
even on horseback.

>what is safe or not in our value is beyond our will &
>our power & even beyond our lucidity.

I'm taking this chunk as a sentence.

I think Stockhausen put it best when he said that the unsigned piece
*sept 11 in nyc* (forever known as 9/11) is an act of art created by
the artist Lucifer. Lucidity? ...And Safety is a consumer product, to
be sure. Even Microsoft Corporation dares to sell Safety.

>.beside notice how much arty is
>french in qualifying adjectivising his fucking name in 'foucaldien', it
>not only seems in some froggy assonance it growz zuddenly some leather
>wings in his fucking back but above all the foucaldian could really hover
>over to supplice to suppliciČ to you & me & all historic gallows as kind
>of perch for crow .

Foucault and Lucifer; leather wings. I like that. And Crows. I know
someone who lives with a Crow.

As far as the celebrated French adroit-ness at describing our chaos
in a word or two that helps you to sleep better at night, I think
that foucaldien is appropriate, these foucaldien times; he was a
lover of prisons and really, couldn't you say that the Monkey is
numero uno at creating and running prisons for it's own Other... just
look at Colombia, or Microsoft... the angel of prisons visiting us in
our Palladium cells to bring us news of the discord..with automatic
upgrades and authentication (notification of the proper authorities)

>.did you imagine there is escape to the recycling of
>your whipped & hated subject in some disgusted caressed & beloved light
>qualifying adjectivising prozess + in saying 'All value is gone ( since
>9/11 ).'

Did I imagine?

All value was gone before 9/11; only now is this kind of pre-taoist
idea on everybody's minds, memetic-ly distributed across the homey
pr-meme network, even reaching the ears of the Emperor. Do what thou
Wilt...

Did I answer your question?

Je suis pecheur, pe^che' mes pe'che's toujours mais toujours
seulement les restes, les pe^ches...