Marcio Souza Paula - COAO.P on Thu, 16 May 2002 02:44:50 +0200 (CEST)

RES: <nettime> Town and Country

I've been interested on the dilema of town and country. On why pelople get
speacially drawn by big cities.
The diversity of wholeness and the primazy of choice, no doubt, give humans
opportunities to be what they want or, at least, the relieve of having
tried.
Having to work on non-valueable jobs is a means, and only a means, for a new
identity of oneself.
The diversity of the whole enrichens people's fantasies, dreams and
willingness.
The point of view of those who live in big cities, immersed in the
interconnected educational, cultural and sociotechnical links makes choices
between country and town clearer. It's a matter of trying other livings,
other chances; like running away from the cohersion of a life with no
perspectives, but being what the environment brings. Humans love, have
passions; there's not ever one just like the other on earth. To be in the
"right place", by one's own perspective, is a form of enjoying the
advantages of diversity and the consequent links with different materials,
different entities, different interests, different people.
Maybe we're betrayed to think that digital life could diminish the distance
between extremes like local and global. It wouldn't take us much further,
flattenig the instensity of humans needs, like presentiable talks, meeting
people, proving differents tastes, using different parts of mind.

 <...>