Bill Spornitz on Wed, 8 May 2002 06:16:36 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> about how I blog it

Listen:

I find something interesting, maybe I'll read it later. Time to
BlogIt! Woo! 23e23 bunny-verse bloggin'!

Okay. I drag my mouse to select pertinent text. These people are so
clever, I can't wait to BlogIt!

I click the *BlogIt* link in my personal tool bar. It's always there waiting...

The handy window pops up; I login. Use animal name!

No. The highlighted text doesn't appear where it's supposed to. Just
empty html tags. That's all; That's okay.

Listen: I close the pop-up window.

Deftly, I click the *BlogIt* link <i>again.</i>.

The crafty little pop-up is back, filled with appropriate text and
url! It _does_ work!

Next: Publish! Oops- ftp login failed. Wha? Do It Again! ClickIt!
BlogIt! failed again. Browser Crash Type 2! Try Again Later21!

Broken? -> It just works that way. That's the way it works, that way!
That's the way to go with that@now\! Click it twice@! ClickIt then
BlogIt!$!!!

http://www.mts.net/~spornitz/blog/blogger.html

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/webservices/2002/05/03/udell.html

Blogspace Under the Microscope
by Jon Udell
05/03/2002

The culture of blogspace is evolving in near-realtime. Last week, a
new mutation brought backlinks into a more prominent role. At
Disenchanted, inbound links were automatically reflected outward.
Each article grew a tail of backlinks that pointed to pages referring
back to it. Suddenly a new kind of feedback loop was created. With a
twist of the lens, conversations that had been diffuse and indirect
came sharply into focus. Almost immediately the meme replicated.