Carl Guderian on Sun, 5 May 2002 22:43:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Palestine and Immunology

This reminds me of a funny (if obvious) story:

When I was in high school, our library had a copy of the Great Soviet
Encyclopedia (English edition). A teacher told me that in 1954 or so, it
received from Moscow a one-page entry for the Bering Strait and was told
to paste it over a certain page. That page featured one Lavrenti P.
Beria, Stalin's last secret police head and his likely successor but for
Khruschev's wiles and Marshal Zhukov's tanks and troops.

This has been a Minute of History from your Ministry of Truth!

Carl

Economize NOW for Hate Week!
(can I bum a Victory Cigarette off you?)

TONGOLELE@aol.com wrote:

>  Palestine and Immunology
 <...>

--
Happiness is the maximum agreement between reality and desire -- Joseph
Stalin