<cassandra@mashica.com> on Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:58:12 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> new book by YOU!

Apollo
By Apollo's Snakes

So, everyone's always asking like, what's it like, you know, you're around
him all the time and stuff and it's always like, well, um, it's just what we
do you know. But, I mean, I guess I understand because it's sort of like,
mysterious. I can see why it's confusing and stuff. We were talking about it
the other day and it was like, man, it's like TIVO. Seriously. But like if
you had a million of them. And then some sort of big screen TV, except it
would be more like if you had some sort of Virtual Reality goggles, except
you don't have any goggles and it's just the way you see things. Virtually.
I mean really.

So you can always rewind things. Or stop in the middle, or, you know, you're
just always on top of shit. It's more than just the immortality gig. Perfect
memory. Except that sometimes when he gets stuck it's like for a hundred
years, literally. Just sort of watchin' his own shit go down over and over;
imagine eternal regret and you're gettin' warm.

I know. It's sort of hard to imagine. But really it's sort of like
everything's there at your fingertips and that sort of thing. Except it's
not like everything always goes your way. I mean it's like sure, you can get
Orestes to kill someone for you but that doesn't mean you're gettin' to
first base with Cassandra.

-- Reg Vulcan from the CFP soundtrack
<http://www.mashica.com/CFPbook/>