nettime's_annotation_line on Fri, 5 Apr 2002 17:15:06 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Islam and Tactical Media ...- digest [Pieter, Assange]

   a note on violence (was: Re: <nettime> Islam and Tactical Media on Amsterdam Cab
     "Pieter" <smallaxe@xs4all.nl>

   Re: <nettime> Islam and Tactical Media on Amsterdam Cable
     proff@iq.org (Julian Assange)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 03:42:30 +0200
From: "Pieter" <smallaxe@xs4all.nl>
Subject: a note on violence (was: Re: <nettime> Islam and Tactical Media on Amsterdam Cable)

a note on violent tactics from yrs truly:

"Suppose there's a war and nobody showed up." -- Well-known 60's saying.

"Suppose there's a riot and everyone showed up." -- Not so well-known
80's graffiti.

Now that I'm at it, let me note that the definition of "violence" is not
necessarily always in the hands of the "perpetrator." Inasmuch as we
have little or no control over our means of production -- or funding,
these days ;) -- we have little control over "paradigms" (ahem) such as
these. And bravo to all those who literally risk their necks by moving
out to the front lines in Palestine/Israel at present (I'm talking about
the international human shield/observer activists, lest there be any
mistake.)

PB