scotartt on Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:58:33 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Nettime-Bold and You

Josephine,

That archive is from 1995! So perhaps instead of blaming the moderation
team, you might consider alternative explanations. Which archive are you
even looking at? The one I see at nettime.org contains none of those
messages.

You can check this for yourself here;
http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-0112/threads.html

The list that you quote is Dec 1995;
http://amsterdam.nettime.org/Lists-Archives/nettime-l-9512/threads.html

I don't normally use the archive for anything as I maintain my own
personal one, so it only took me a few seconds to find the relevant
information.

It would have been nice of you to have sent the message below to me
personally also. As it was I was only aware of the serious disinformation
that was being written because it was forwarded to me my someone else.

And with respect, the fact that I don't get paid to debug your archive
usage is very pertinant to me. It's not even moderation work. Also what I
don't get paid to do, which is to say what I volunteer my labour for, is
to moderate nettime-l; I don't recall nettime-bold being on the brief when
I answered the call. Certainly not wasting my time with what is looks to
me like a disinformation campaign, being waged behind my back (to take the
most uncharitable view possible, which I hope is not the actual case).

regards
scot.

DISCLAIMER: I'm speaking personally, not for the rest of the mod team who
may have different perpsectives or views to mine.

Josephine wrote;

> Therefore more than 4 out of 5 messages sent to -l are also found
> on -bold.

from the on line archive december 2001:

     THE REVIVAL OF THE MEDIA UTOPIAS by Richard Barbrook Pit Schultz
     political media consultants (English) t byfield
     political media consultants (Deutsch) t byfield
     (HOL) Big Brother, Inc. Dave Del Torto
     THE MEDIA LIST 1/2 Pit Schultz
     THE MEDIA LIST 2/2 Pit Schultz
     No Subject Geert Lovink
          <Possible follow-up(s)>
          No Subject Drazen Pantic
          No Subject Anonymous
     DCD2 Gomma@decoderbbs.csmtbo.mi.cnr.it (Gomma) (by way of Pit
Schultz )
     DCD1 Gomma@decoderbbs.csmtbo.mi.cnr.it (Gomma) (by way of Pit
Schultz )
     Kr+cF_interview1.01 Paolo Atzori
     Kr+cF_interview1.02 Paolo Atzori
     Postscript on the Societies of Control - Gilles Deleuze Pit Schultz
     digology Mark Tribe
     Space Exploration Jed
     irc /join #nettime 12/27/95 21:00 MEZ Pit Schultz
     Art in America (Art 'R' Us) t byfield
     FWD: Attack on Italian Social Center (fwd) Matthew Fuller
     Emmanuel Levinas Pit Schultz

Is something wrong with my account that 4 out of 5 of these messages
have been in bold (as you claim) but not in my mailbox?

With all regards, please don't use the 'we are not paid for what we do'
line again. That has nothing to do with it.