nettime's_newsreader on Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:55:42 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> extra! post-9/11 news digest [mod note; armitage x2 + andrews]

     [mod note: i abbreviated (<...>) the news items in this
      digest because the URLs provided still work (for now).
      over the last few weeks, a LOT of people have sent in
      news items, which poses a problem: they're interesting
      for the most part, but nettime isn't primarily a wire
      service--and as the list grows (-l/-digest just passed
      2100 subscribers today...), tendencies like forwarding
      news items can become more problematic. the moderators
      usually ask people to re-send news with a URL + remarks
      about why a news story is relevant to nettime as such--
      which seems like a minimal and flexible way to strike a
      balance on this aspect of the list. cheers, t]

John Armitage <john.armitage@unn.ac.uk>
     Conflict Will Follow Taliban's Fall
John Armitage <john.armitage@unn.ac.uk>
     American Action Is Held Likely in Asia
Ian andrews <i.andrews@metroscreen.com.au>
     Re: <nettime> Brzezinski: Taliban made in U.S.A.