Carl Guderian on Mon, 8 Oct 2001 04:00:53 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> double-ended pen digest [byfield, cisler]

I think National Lampoon, the late and probably unlamented US humor
magazine, really deserves the credit for the best restatement of the
"double-edged sword theory." The theme of the January 1978 issue of
National Lampoon was "Technology - Poisonous Junk, Stuff That Blows Up,
and Large, Dangerous Things That Go Fast." I consider technology to be
more of a flying guillotine: useful and dangerous, but also with a
cheesy side (or a side of cheese fries).

Carl

nettime's_armchair_historian wrote:

> Re: <nettime> Steven Levy: Tech's Double-Edged Sword
>      t byfield <tbyfield@panix.com>
>      cisler <cisler@pobox.com>
 <...>

--
Happiness is the maximum agreement between reality and desire -- Joseph
Stalin