wolfgang hauptfleisch on Mon, 24 Sep 2001 02:18:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> opportunism at its best - a software company strikes again.

a few days ago i forwarded a mail from coffecup software, in which
they said that they "would like to also say on record that if any
country is found responsible for these attacks, we call for that
country's complete destruction and annihilation."

today i received another mail.
here it comes:

   --- CoffeeCup <helpdesk@coffeecup.com> schrieb:
   > Hello,
   >
   > This is our last public statement about the attacks on the U.S.
   > It is now time for all of us to rush to be normal.
   > We cried and we were angry in public over the attacks together.
   > No other company would risk feeling like you, and we are very proud.
   >

   > 1 million dollars of our software was given away to promote our charity
   > banner placement on Web Sites. We apologize to those who could not get
   > their free software due to heavy traffic and e-mail problems.
   > Our servers were not as large as our hearts.
   > The banner has now raised over $1 million dollars for various charities
   > and counting.You are all true heroes !
   >

   > We now have Free Metal Remembrance Pins for everyone also.
   > Our CEO paid for these himself to show Unity & Loyalty among those
   > who will Remember & also for those who put Banners on their pages.
   > Keep putting those banners up, help will be needed for years to come.
   >

   > Get Your Free Pin Here:
   >
   > http://www.coffeecup.com/attack/
   >

   > Please Add our Charity Banner to your Pages:
   > (we changed the banner to help all charities)
   >
   > http://www.coffeecup.com/attack/wtc_support.zip
   >

   > You are the historians of our time. The keepers of the words.
   > It is our responsibilty for our children and generations to come
   > to write this down, to remember, and to share what we have seen and
   > what we will learn. When we are all gone this must be recalled as
   > if it happened yesterday.
   >
   > You own today. It is yours to share.
   >

   > Our CEO's Diary Comments are here:
   >
   > http://www.coffeecup.com/attack/comments.txt
   >

   > Whether you agreed with us or not, we all released our feelings,
   > and tried to help if we could. That was the whole purpose.
   > Thank you all. It's been an unbelievable road to travel.

no, nick did not use his brain, obviously, sorry to say.