Jeffrey Fisher on Sat, 1 Sep 2001 10:17:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Analyzing Internet with Gene-Scanning Software

actually, combine this with HumanML and we're golden!

http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis_news_08_21_01.shtml

Boston, MA, USA; 21 August 2001 -- OASIS, the XML interoperability
consortium, today announced its members have formed the OASIS HumanMarkup
Technical Committee (TC) to develop and promote a specification for
conveying human characteristics through XML. The Human Markup Language
(HumanML) will embed contextual human characteristics (cultural, social,
kinesic, psychological and intentional features) within information.
Applications include artificial intelligence, virtual reality, conflict
resolution, psychotherapy, art, workflow, advertising, cultural dialogue,
agent systems, diplomacy and business negotiation.

[ . . . ]

perhaps we can have a Molecular Idiosyncracy Systems (Human) Modeling Always
Seems Helpful (MISH MASH) engine. i'm tempted to say something about jim
scott and legibility, but that's too easy.

> From: Bruce Sterling <bruces@well.com>
> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:59:50 -0500
> To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
> Subject: <nettime> Analyzing Internet with Gene-Scanning Software
>
> (((Bruce Sterling remarks:   This is not an "imaginary product"
> in the http://www.futurefeedforward.com vein.   These guys
> are using DNA genome sequencing techniques to improve
> Internet packet flow.  They are a real company and actually trying
> to make money.
 <...>