brian carroll on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:32:10 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Anarchism, Kropotkin, Darwin, McLuhan, the Internet

>There is another link, less obvious, and I wonder if anyone in this list
>has been investigating it. Kropotkin also studied the paradigm of the
>network, combined with sustainable economies, decentralized knowledge
>sharing and co-operation. In the beginning of the century, his references
>were the growing electric and phone networks, much more decentralized than
>the railway networks that had excited most theorists in the XIX century.

  hello Quim, is there a specific work/works you would recommend for
  Kropotkin referencing the electrical network, a place to enter the
  works out there, from this specific vantage, non-linearly...? plus,
  if you're interested in writing about Kropotkin in relation to this
  subject, electricity/electrification, your work or others would gladly
  be displayed at the electronetwork.org website as a feature essay...
  brian