Aldon Hynes on Wed, 23 May 2001 10:57:38 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: Tom Frank: Perpetual Revolution (Le Monde Diplomatique, May 2001)

Hmmm.... As I read this, I cannot help but think about
the parallels between nettime and advertising...

youth counterculture has some sort of innate
transgressive power

call boldly for the breaking of "rules", and insist
defiantly on being "extreme"

And there is far, far too much of it

must shock and startle in order to deliver its payload

<http://www.en.monde-diplomatique.fr/2001/05/03bigsellfrank>

> May 2001
>
> Perpetual revolution
>
> by TOM FRANK
>
> (Author of The Conquest of Cool (University of
 <...>