amanda on Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:07:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> [2x] Sorry, there's no fee, c'mon it's just a link!

Sorry for cross posting, but I thought this relevant to each of these
lists...

This is a most interesting post given the number of lists that have
recently been discussing curatorial practice in the area of new media,
including net and web based work.  I, for one, have always been in favour
of providing (at least a nominal - depending on the situation) fee for
artists when their work is included in an exhibition context - it is,
after all, contextualising work in an 'exhibition' context.  Just as you
would pay a screening fee for any other form of screen based works - and
particularly, as in this instance, when the curator is being paid a fee
for putting the program together.  And do you think any of the other
artists nominated for inclusion in the show would agree to exhibit without
being paid a fee?!

But what I *really* want to see is the web based work from 1993 that is
being including in the show!!

Amanda

---------------------- Forwarded by Amanda McDonald Crowley/Adelaide Festival on
30/04/2001 09:02 AM ---------------------------

      Amanda McDonald Crowley
      Associate Director 2002

      Adelaide Festival of Arts
      105 Hindley Street Adelaide
      PO Box 8116 Station Arcade Adelaide SA 5000
      Australia
      Mob: 0419 829 313
      Tel: 61 8 8216 4444
      Fax: 61 8 8216 4455