Raivo Kelomees on 3 Apr 2001 16:00:34 -0000

Re: <nettime> Estonian Promise

Dear Paolo di Maio

I am sure that "look@world" is good project for people, but it is also
very profitable for companies. It sounds very like "for all", but in fact
it is mostly for equiped people. Truth is, that weather is very bad here
for 9 months in a year and if there is possibile to avoid going out,
communicate or work via internet, then people will stay at home. Maybe
that is reason of success of internet in the North.

Look also: http://www2.et.ee/5024.html. Eesti Telefon is actually big
telecom monopoly which is "adjusting" call prices almost every month.

Raivo Kelomees

 On
Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Content-Wire.com
wrote:

> Dear Nettimers
>
> I am just looking into the Estonian 'internet for all' project and wonder
> if you have any information or thoughts.

-> In particular, I am trying to understand the economic rationale behind
it

<....>