J.M.G on 3 Feb 2001 05:06:03 -0000

Re: <nettime> im-ur????? who are they?

http://www.im-ur.com/
Can someone tell me who these people are? They claim to be  "quickly on its
way to becoming 'The Daily Newspaper of the Web.'"

More blurb in an unsolicited and unexpected e-mail to me by their associate
editor, Troy Turner:

"im-ur has revolutionized the concept of the media on the web by creating a
newspaper that is written by its users. The New York Times wrote, 'Few
challenge the status quo as much as im-ur.com.' im-ur represents the
ultimate in freedom of speech and democracy....Incidentally, we are giving
away $500 every month to the person whose article attracts the most
readers."

Sounds suspect.