nettime's_newsprint_recycler on 23 Dec 2000 21:42:48 -0000

<nettime> all_the_news_that_fits_digest [x3]

From: "t.whid" <twhid@spacelab.net>
     Subject: etoy outlives etoys
From: cisler <cisler@pobox.com>
     Subject: WTO protest archive
From: s|a|m <sam@media.com.au>
     Subject: Marketing Privacy...

Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:07:16 -0500
From: "t.whid" <twhid@spacelab.net>

eToys issues earnings warning, prepares for sale

By TROY WOLVERTON, CNET NEWS.COM

eToys may not be playing the e-commerce game much longer.

The Los Angeles-based online toy seller issued an earnings warning
Friday, saying that revenues for its third fiscal quarter could be
half of what analysts expected. As a result of a revenue shortfall,
eToys said it will run out of cash around the end of March. It has
begun exploring options to sell the company or its assets and will
announce layoffs early next year.

"This is certainly not good news," said company spokesman Gary
Gerdemann. "We will be pursuing every possible avenue to maximize
value for all stakeholders involved.

from nytimes.com
http://www.nytimes.com/cnet/CNET_0_4_4170257_00.html
--