Jmm on 17 Nov 2000 23:40:00 -0000

Re: <nettime> French Big Brother Awards 2000 !

'lo-o,

> So I was surprised to see that there are Voltaire awards being
> given, but not for defending the right to free speech, but rather
> for defending "privacy".

      "any discussion to freedom of expression regards privacy, and
      vice versa, it's a condition of human rights that they are
      equal".

      Simon Davies, director of Privacy International, speaking at
      InfoEthics, an international summit organized in Paris by the
      UNESCO two days ago.

      Freenet is indeed the perfect illustration of this.

      Regards,
      jmm
      french BBA co-organizer.
      http://www.bigbrotherawards.eu.org