nettime_announcer on Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:16:22 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 00.11 [a]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
                                                                   | 0 0 . 1 1 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a <<

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  b

                                                                         - - - -
   alejandro duque <alejoduque@sprain.com> : ...:::[ a p p e n d i x ]   | 0 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
         Dr. Klaus Nicolai <eidol@body-bytes.de> : medienkunstfestival   | 0 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Patrick Lichty <voyd@raex.com> : [ISEA-FORUM] Defining Architecture   | 0 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
                   John Young <jya@pipeline.com> : Cryptome Daily List   | 0 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                     Matt Locke <matt.digitalarts@architechs.com> : 5k   | 0 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
               Ron Sukenick <sukenick@spot.colorado.edu> : Narralogues   | 0 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
                  Gregor Muir <gregor@lux.org.uk> : Lux Gallery Update   | 0 7 |
                                                                         - - - -
onestar@onestar.net : Onestar Press "a collection of books by artists"   | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
      Cabinet Magazine <editorial@immaterial.net> : Call for Proposals   | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -
Jean-Philippe HALGAND <jean-philippe.halgand@aecom.org> : GNou charter   | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
  valery grancher <vgrancher@nomemory.org> : video channel on nomemory   | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
                     luca <papa@inch.com> : http://www.nyopencine.com/   | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
                            ICG Email <ICG@tmg.co.uk> : Crisisweb News   | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
  Pierre Robert <probert@videotron.ca> : ARCHÉE - SOMMAIRE - MARS 2000   | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                        Nuova Icona <nuovaicona@iol.it> : p.r. Seminar   | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
    Mylene van Noort <mylene@waag.org> : 3RD INTERNATIONAL BROWSER DAY   | 1 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
Station Rose <gunafa@well.com> : STR-Newsletter 03/00_WEBCAST Fahrplan   | 1 7 |
                                                                         - - - -
richard barbrook <richard@hrc.wmin.ac.uk> : n01se cybersalon: 03 21 00   | 1 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
             busy-owner@hgb-leipzig.de : 404 File not found customizer   | 1 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                          mailto:nettime@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

Schema on_line introduces:

     ...::: Appendix http://w3art.es/schema/appendix/portada1

            ,the eye blind of Schema (http://w3art.es/schema)

  ...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::
...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::...:::

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

4.Internationaler Wettbewerb für
computergestützte Kunst in Dresden
Deadline: 30.April 2000
alle wichtigen Infos finden Sie in unserer
homepage: www.body-bytes.de
online-registrierung:
www.body-bytes.de/schrei_g.htm

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

If anyone would like to continue this thread or any other related topic, I
would invite interested parties to consider our humble listserv at Onelist.com,
entitled Mindspace.  Peter and I moderate this list, which is devoted to the
various epistemologies of virtual architectures, whether it's textual, VR,
informational, etc.

It's very informal, and has a friendly, coffeeklatsch atmosphere.  Traffic is
typically under 10-15 posts a week.

If anyone is interested, please drop me or Peter an E-mail, and we'll get you
signed up.

Best,
Patrick Lichty
Moderator, Mindspace.net listserv.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

Cryptome is offering a daily list by e-mail of new items with URLs
added to the archive. Six to ten new items are added daily, some are
archived at Cryptome, some are available at other URLs. Most of the
items will show brief, salient excerpts as now done at the site.

To subscribe send a blank message from the e-mail address to
receive the mailing with the subject "list" :

  list@cryptome.org

Here's an example:

To: list@cryptome.org
From: you@yours
Date: date
Subject: list

receive the mailing with the subject "unlist" :

Or to sub or unsub just lob a request to jy@cryptome.org.

If you haven't seen Cryptome, here are the identical twins:

   http://cryptome.org
   http://jya.com/crypto.htm

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

usual apologies for cross-posting, yada, nada...

http://www.sylloge.com/5k/

**********************************

Matt Locke
Acting Chief Executive
Kirklees Media Centre

T:+44 (0)1484 431289
F:+44 (0)1484 513739
E:matt.digitalarts@architechs.com
www.test.org.uk
ICQ:11157918

**********************************

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

Announcement to all who have been in contact with me by e-mail:

Ronald Sukenick's new book, Narralogues: Truth in Fiction, has just been
published by SUNY Press.

"In Narralogues, Ronald Sukenick continues his important and original
contributions to the cutting edge of contemporary fiction.  Here he
proposes fiction as a medium for telling the truth, while recognizing
that the implicit contradiction in these terms is more than cheap
paradox.  The Narralogues, simultaneously narrative and argument, story
and rhetorical pleading, exemplify and argue fiction as persuasion in a
sequence that moves from Socratic dialogue to outright narrative, using
throughout all the traditional techniques of fiction, from comedy and
irony to suspense and the erotic."

$14.95.  E-mail orders: orderbook@cupserve.org.  Fax orders:
800-688-2877.  Phone orders: 607-277-2877.

Sukenick's groundbreaking first novel, UP, has recently been made
available for the first time in 30 years through quick on-demand
production from FC2.  It may be ordered through online or brick and
mortar bookstores, and now also by phone at: 800-621-2736

"A hilarious outburst of wild comedy, UP is the kind of book that any
person in his right mind can enjoy."

Thanks for your attention,
Ron Sukenick

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

Tuesday 7 March, 7pm onwards SCREAMING MEDIA (take two!)
Lux Gallery in association with Artec/Admission Free
An evening of streaming media with special guests.
For more info contact artec on 0207 687 6060.

Saturday 25 March, 3.00pm
KUTLUG ATAMAN GALLERY TALK
Lux Gallery/Admission Free
A rare opportunity to meet the artist behind Women Who Wear Wigs
presently showing at the Lux Gallery until 26 March.
Lux Gallery opening hours, Wed - Sun, 12 - 7pm.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

Onestar Press "a collection of books by artists"

Un nouveau livre de Hans Schabus
A new book by Hans Schabus

http://www.onestar.net/schabus

1999. During one year I photographed every visitor that came to my
studio. The camera was fixed at my height, thereby making the relative
body sizes of the visitors apparent. Each of the 154 portraits in this
book carries its name and date.
H.S.

1999. Ein Jahr lang habe ich in meinem Atelier jede/n Besucher/in
fotografiert. Die Kamera habe ich einmalig auf meine Koerpergroesse
ausgerichtet und fixiert. Im Portraet-Ausschnitt werden die
unterschiedlichen Koerpergroessen der Besucher/innen sichtbar und mit
Namen und Datum versehen ergeben sie 154 Aufnahmen und Seiten in diesem
Buch.
H.S.

http://www.onestar.net/press

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear Immaterial friend:

If you have received this message, then it is likely that we have spoken
with you at some point about contributing to future issues of the art and
culture magazine CABINET (a quarterly magazine to be published as part of
Immaterial Incorporated). It could also be that you've been mentioned to
us by a mutual contact as someone who would be a good contributor to our
project. We would now like to officially extend an invitation to you to
propose ideas for future issues of CABINET.

In the coming months we will be producing the first issue of CABINET
(release date September). We are actively soliciting proposals for essays,
interviews and artists' projects to be included in either of the first two
issues of the magazine, and/or on the Immaterial Incorporated web site.
Short projects as well as long ones are welcome.

To give you a sense of our interests, we are currently considering
projects such as the following: artists' efforts to create new languages,
the history of psychic mediums, garbage archaeology, experimental Mexican
film, foreign cooking shows, failed art stunts, sentimentality in greeting
cards, zero gravity theater, 1950s broadcasts of surgery on American TV,
NATO's 'cultural conservationist' bombing policy in Serbia, among other
things.

Please send, preferably by e-mail, a brief description of your project and
a date by which you could submit a completed version.

In case you do not recall our chat or have not yet heard about the
exciting world of Immaterial Incorporated, please visit our web site at
http://www.immaterial.net.

Thank you for your time, and we hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

The Editors

Immaterial Incorporated/Cabinet Magazine
181 Wyckoff Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Tel: + 1 718 222 8434
Fax: + 1 1718 222 3700
Email: editorial@immaterial.net

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

Dear colleagues and friends

Too many corporations going too fast past your home-page and watching it
with greedy eyes? Dreaming of a better city life ?

For you pavu.com has created the "Urban GNou Charter", a secure and quiet
GNou transportation to travel the Internet city in all tranquillity and
privacy !

Where ? Just point your browser to
http://www.pavu.com/elliott-urban-GNou-charter/
order your tickets and enjoy your trip with this neighborhood friendly
i-Booster !!

Choose a GNou lifestyle! Use an Urban GNou Charter!

pavu.com
http://pavu.com
-/ welcome in a plining world ! /-

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

Hello,
Salut,

I have to apologize for any cross postings... ;-)
Je dois m'excuser pour tout cross postings éventuel ... ;-)

I have the pleasure to announce that a video channel is opened on
Nomemory. Now you are able to visit on a virtual way all my show from
January 2000. The last one in Bangkok will be puted on line  next week.
Until one month you will also be able to see my video production on this
channel :

http://www.nomemory.org/data/video.html

J'ai le plaisr d'annoncer qu 'un canal video est desormais ouvert sur
Nomemory. Vous pouvez d'ores et deja visiter virtuellement mes
expositions depuis Janvier 2000. Ma derniere exposition personnelle a
Bangkok sera en ligne la semaine prochaine et d'ici un mois vous pourrez
consulter ma production video ...

http://www.nomemory.org/data/video.html

Toutes les videos necessitent le plugins real video G2
all video needs real G2 plugins

Love ;-)

Valery Grancher
vgrancher@nomemory.org

Thursday, March 2, 2000

ICG SOUTH BALKANS - ALBANIA
----------------------------

--> See http://www.crisisweb.org for the full report and the press release

ICGís latest Albania report, entitled Albania: State of the Nation,
examines recent political developments in Albania and traces the social,
political and economic after-effects of last yearís Kosovo crisis. In
particular, the report assesses the implications of Kosovo's
liberation from Belgrade's rule for the future of Albanian nationalism
and Albania's role as the motherland of ethnic Albanians throughout the
region.

Looking at the evolving nature of pan-Albanian aspirations in the
Balkans, the report highlights a series of new initiatives for closer
inter-Albanian co-operation as well as the re-emergence of old
grievances - such as the property rights claim of the ethnic Albanian
Cham minority in northern Greece.

The report underscores Albania's alarming security situation and the
chronic inability of the countryís struggling state institutions to stem
the rising tide of violence and organised crime.  It concludes with a
call for greater regional co-operation and a series of targeted
technical assistance initiatives designed to help contain and, over
time, tackle corruption, blood feuds, the power of organised crime and
illegal trafficking in drugs and people.

--> See http://www.crisisweb.org for the full report and the press release

-------------------------------------
CrisisWeb  - http://www.crisisweb.org
-------------------------------------

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

ARCHÉE - SOMMAIRE - MARS 2000

Bienvenue aux nouveaux abonnés!

¿?¿?¿? L'entretien de Bertrand Gauguet avec Valéry Grancher et celui de
Valérie Lamontagne avec Laiwan, nous confrontent à des visions
diamétralement opposées en ce qui concerne le cyberart, la perception du
cyberespace et son contingent culturel. Les cyberartistes interrogés
n'utilisent pas le même tamis pour décrypter les nouvelles technologies. La
question des cultures dans le cyberespace surgit en filigrane.

¿?¿?¿? L'entretien de Bertrand Gauguet avec Valéry Grancher
http://archee.qc.ca/ar.php3?btn=texte&no=108

¿?¿?¿? The Advice Bunny (Valérie Lamontagne) interroge Laiwan
http://archee.qc.ca/ar.php3?btn=texte&no=109

± ± ± ± ± La science de l'art et l'art de la science ont pris un fabuleux
rendez-vous dans l'univers technologique. Richard Barbeau démontre à quel
point il devient impossible d'ignorer la richesse de la rencontre du corps
avec l'informatique. Le cyberart au service de la conscience prolongée du
corps et de sa métamorphose.

± ± ± ± ± http://archee.qc.ca/ar.php3?btn=texte&no=107

ÆÆÆÆÆ En 1996 Roxane Bernier publiait, dans la revue d'art contemporain
Parachute, un article intitulé «Le cyberart : expérience et création»,
Archée le publie à nouveau dans une version remaniée. Une occasion de faire
un retour éclairant sur les oeuvres pionnières dans le contexte d'une pensée
artistique en plein essor. Un texte limpide et une porte d'entrée
explicative.

ÆÆÆÆÆ http://archee.qc.ca/ar.php3?btn=texte&no=110

Bonne consultation!

L'équipe
Pierre Robert / rédacteur en chef
Richard Barbeau / rédacteur adjoint
Kathleen Goggin / administration
Archée, revue d'art <en ligne>
http://archee.qc.ca/
+1 (514) 522-1700

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

Nuova Icona

announces an international congress on
contemporary visual arts in Venice, Italy:

"l'Officina Possibile: le arti visive nel sistema dell'industria
culturale veneziana. Convegno internazionale" / "The Possible
Workshop: visual arts in the context of Venetian cultural industry.
International Symposium ".

/ towards an international consensus on good practice for visual arts
projects, in relation to creativity,funding and management: new
strategies and ideas for the Town of Venice.

Produced by Officina Veneziana, Nuova Icona, Fondazione Scientifica
Querini Stampalia with the patronage of EGART (Diploma Universitario in
Economia e Gestione delle Arti, C=E0 Foscari) and Fondazione Bevilacqua
La Masa.

With the kind collaboration of Sofitel Venezia and Cafoscarina
Bookshop.

March 17/18, 2000 - Fondazione Scientifica Querini Stampalia,
Venezia

Speakers:

Friday March 17 at 14,30, chairperson Vittorio Urbani, director of
Nuova Icona -

and Saturday March 18 at 10, chairperson Agnes Kohlmeyer, art critic
and curator:

- Harald Szeemann, curatore indipendente e direttore Biennale di
  Venezia,Tegna

- Giovanni Castagnoli, Galleria Civica d'Arte Moderna, Torino

- Penelope Curtis, The Henry Moore Institute, Leeds

- Beral Madra, BM Contemporary Art Center, Istambul

- James Putnam, The British Museum, London

- Gerrie van Noord, Artangel, London

- Patrizia Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Fondazione  Sandretto Re
  Rebaudengo, Torino

- Sandra Pinto, Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna, Roma

- Marina Romiti, Assessore alla Cultura, Siena

- Gianfranco Mossetto, Diploma Universitario di Economia e Gestione
  delle Arti, Ca'Foscari,Venezia

- Matthias Arndt, gallerista e organizzatore culturale, Berlin

- Cesare Pietroiusti, Gruppo 'Oreste', Roma

Venetian Round Table:

Saturday March 18 at 15, chairperson Marco De Michelis, professor at
the Architecture University of Venice:

- Luca Massimo Barbero, Fondazione Bevilacqua la Masa

- Gloria Vallese, Accademia di Belle Arti

- Giuliano Segre, Fondazione Carive

- Giandomenico Romanelli, Musei Civici Veneziani

- Sandro Parenzo, VIDEA

- John Millerchip, Comitati Internazionali per Venezia

- Marino Folin, Istituto Universitario di Architettura

- Philip Rylands, Peggy Guggenheim Foundation

- Giorgio Busetto, Fondazione Scientifica Querini Stampalia

- Paolo Baratta, La Biennale di Venezia

- Laura Barbiani, La Biennale di Venezia

- Mara Rumiz, Venezia

Vittorio Urbani

Nuova Icona

Giudecca 454

30133 Venezia

tel.e fax. 041-5210101

email nuovaicona@iol.it

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

ANNOUNCEMENT

THE SOCIETY FOR OLD AND NEW MEDIA, DE BALIE, PARADISO AND NL DESIGN

PRESENT

3RD INTERNATIONAL BROWSERDAY - 19 MAY 2000
PARADISO AMSTERDAM

For the third consecutive year the Society for Old and New Media, presents
in co-operation with De Balie, Paradiso and NL Design the International
Browserday. The Browserday will take place at Paradiso, Amsterdam on 19
May.

The International Browserday is a competition challenging design students
to offer an appealing alternative for the existing browsers.

Students of international arts academies are invited to compete in the
Browser Competition with an original design. This year's theme is The End
of the Browsers. The integration of internet and television is almost a
fact. What does this mean for users? An extension of the possibilities to
be a producer of media oneself, or just a new way of consuming?

The thirty best designs will be presented by their makers in a 3 minute
knock out show. Showmaster is John Thackara, initiator and organiser of the
Doors of Perception conferences. On top of the presentations, international
interaction and multimedia designers will be invited to show their work.

A jury of professionals from the design, media and IT branche will
determine who gets the Browser Award. The award will be handed over
ceremoniously. Earlier winners were Joes Koppers for his 'Browser' (1998)
and Andrej Mrackovski for 'Enzyme' (1999).

Invitations were sent to a.o.: Gerrit Rietveld Academy, Utrecht School for
the Arts, Willem de Kooning Academy, Royal College of Art (UK), Academy of
Media Arts (Germany), Domus Academy (Italy), Media GN (NL), HFG Wuppertal
(Germany), Vienna Hogeschule fur Angenahme Kunst (Austria), University of
Art and Design UIAH (Finland).

The Society for Old and New Media is a medialab and institute for
communications technology which facilitates, supports and advises specific
participants of the information society.

Contact:
The Society for Old and New Media
Philippe Taminiau - browser@waag.org
Tel. +31 20 557 9898 - Fax +31 20 557 9880
http://www.waag.org/browser

Sponsor Browser Award: KPN Telecom
Financers: Mondriaan Foundation, Amsterdam Fund for the Arts

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

STATION ROSE  NEWSLETTER 03/2000:

A) Webcast #99 with Studio Guest Tom Noeding/tresurbain
B) special "Webcast 100" Anniversary-Edition

Dear Gunafa Netizen,

A) tonite, FRI/10.3.00, 9pm CET, at http://www.stationrose.com
Webcast #99: STATION ROSE in conversation with Tom Noeding/TRESURBAIN :
     After a short pause with(out) studio guests, we are right back with a
new conversation.
Our guest will be Tom Noeding, the initiator of the Frankfurt based egroup
TRESURBAIN.
He started the project in november 97. The group has 300 members in the
meanwhile, and deals with  Frankfurt. A lot of party announcements happen
here, but sometimes conversation, too.
If this comes in, it very rapidly gets aggressive- a behavior we never
observed in the electric minds  community.
So we wonder if this aggression has to do with Frankfurt & its
turbocapitalism, eurobank, deutsche bank, fusionitis & all that. The
avantgarde scene is surrounded by bankers & advertisers in the city of the
euro. Come in & find out what we shall scan together in this conversation.

B)  SPECIAL "WEBCAST 100" ANNIVERSARY-EDITION coming SOON!

         "Webcast forever - Build poetical hedges against digital tyranny"
(Geert Lovink)

We cant believe it ourselves, but this is < Reality in Cyberspace> :
"Webcast 100" will happen next week ; THU/16.3.00, 9pm CET, at
http://www.stationrose.com

As you maybe know, we have started during the exhibition crossLinks in
Berlin in january99. And now, not much than a year later, we shall arrive
at 100. A lot has happened in realtime - 20sec during all those sessions.
Quite a few studioguests were here, multimedia jam sessions happened.

We shall come up with a Special Remix-Sendung.

stay with us & dont go away!
             STR  03-2000

                                           "Cyberspace  is  Our Land!"
STR is one of the 1st multimedia bands in the world;  online since 91,
doing netart since 1992. The actual "STReaming_Gunafa_Schedule" & the
live-dates
can be found at  www.stationrose.com. STR played at Ars Electronica,
Transmediale, Viper, Museum Ludwig, Cyberthon, XS & Ultraschall, le
Batofar, the Museum of Applied Arts in
Vienna to name a few.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

Cybersalon: N01SE
<www.cybersalon.org>

Date & Time:

Tuesday 21st March 2000
Doors open 6-30pm 'till late

Venue:

The Deep End
Westminster University
309 Regent Street
London W1

Topic:

N01SE: information and transformation.

Digital technology... promises escape from the incoherance and decay of
our contemporary world... no scratches, no crackles or pops.
But how does this digital world relate to the untidy world we live in?

n01se is a series of exhibitions about information and transformation
being held in Cambridge and London <www.kettlesyard.co.uk/noise>.

Speakers:

Simon Schaffer (historian of science, Cambridge)
Adam Lowe (artist, London)

Music/Visuasl:

ANTI-rom
Displaying The Wildlife Supersampler enhanced CD

Ben James (Wildlife/Passenger)

Ray Stanley (Wildlife/Bug Bar)

Sponsors:

hypermedia research centre: <www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk>
new media knowledge: <www.nmk.co.uk>
mute: <www.metamute.com>
telepolis: <www.heise.de/tp>
wildlife: <wildliferecords@yahoo.com>
surf's up: <www.surfsup.org.uk>
prospect: <www.prospectmsl.com>

recruitment company but rather a new media talent search  and selection
team, that helps you to realize your ambitions by exploiting
the dynamics of this market place to 'create' as well as spot opportunities.

For further information contact Meagan Tudge at meagan@prospectmsl.com
or 0207 439 1919

Surf's Up is the platform for new media creatives to exchange ideas and
information. Speak your minds in the Surf's Up eGroups forum and manifest
your ideas at the Surf's Up Gallery.

For further information and a chance to submit your brilliance, contact: David
Gryn at info@surfsup.org.uk

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

___VERYBUSY.ORG_____________NEWSLETTER_____________3/00
________________CENTER____4______HARDWIRED_______ARTS___

1. ENGLISH
2. DEUTSCH

....english : contents
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::
: : .  .

1.1. "404 - File not found customizer" - discovering new terrain for
net-artists
1.2. "Joint Venture" Exhibition Documentation avaible
1.3. "Internet Fiesta", 20.03.00 Moritzbastei / Leipzig / Germany -
verybusy.org presentation

....deutsch : inhalt
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::
: : .  .

1.1. "404 - Datei nicht gefunden" - die Entdeckung neuer Räume für
Netzkünstler
1.2. "Joint Venture" Ausstellungsdokumentation ist online
1.3. "Internet Fiesta", 20.03.00 Moritzbastei / Leipzig / Germany -
verybusy.org Präsentation

.

.

.
###############    ENGLISH   ############# #    #      #

....ENGLISH : 404 - File not found
customizer:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: : : .  .
1.1.
Every Internet Server handles with certain Codes when documents (HTML
pages) are requested by the Clientside.
Beside Code 200  =OK, that lets the Server know that a document was
correctly tranfered to the Client (User), the Code 404 FILE NOT FOUND
(= the document doesn't exist on the server)= the most frequently
accessed one.

e.g.
In february 2000 >7105< documents were not found on the HGB - academy for
visual arts (www.hgb-leipzig.de) Server and the server www.verybusy.org
couldn't deliver >1116< documents to the clients. But.  Until now that
highfrequently accessed error space remained completely unused - UNTIL NOW!

Verybusy.org discovers that new artists workspace, that have been
interessting for administrators or frustrated users only.
As "verybusy.org - center for hardwired arts" is concepted as an autonomous
'n open architecture, it's now possible to integrate your designed error
templates, that will (in the case of an error) be choosen randomly from a
pool of avaible errors.

For detailed information see the "404 customizer" in action. It's
accessable on any NON-VALID url at www.verybusy.org
e.g.
www.verybusy.org/sdghfbfer/ or www.verybusy.org/anythingcanfollowhere or ...

....ENGLISH : Joint Venture exhibition documentary
files::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: : : .  .
1.2.
The successful mediaart exhibition "Joint Venture" that took place
03.02.-10.02.2000 in Leipzig, got a documentation page
www..verybusy.org/jointventure/docu/

Including snapshot images from videomaterial, realvideo session of
Christoph Blase's opening speech, press releases and lots more.

....ENGLISH : Internet Fiesta Server Presentation
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: : : .  .
1.3.
On 20.03.2000 the 2nd "Internet Fiesta" initiated by Medienstadt Leipzig
e.V. will happen at :
Moritzbastei / Leipzig / Germany. For programguide see
(www.medienstadt-leipzig.org/fiesta)

at 18.00 Uhr
there's a presentation of the verybusy.org server covering the theme of
"eGallery - art at the internet", moderated by:
Grit Kleindienst, Mark Daniel, Dr. Juergen Bewilogua and myself, Stephan
(Spiv) Schröder.

moderated in german.

###############    DEUTSCH   ############# #    #      #

....DEUTSCH : "404 - Datei nicht gefunden" - die Entdeckung neuer Räume
 für Netzkünstler :::::::::::::::: : : .  .
2.1.
Jeder Server gibt beim Abrufen von Dateien bestimmte Kennungen an den
Client-Browser (Benutzer) zurück.
Neben dem Code 200  =OK, der in den Logfiles eines jeden Servers vermerkt
das ein Dokument korrekt übertragen wurde, ist der Code 404 File not found
(= Datei existiert nicht auf dem Server)= der am häufigsten aufgerufene Code.

Auf dem Server der HGB - Hochschule für Grafik und Buchkunst (academy for
visual arts) wurden im Februar 2000 > 7105 < Dokumente und auf dem Server
verybusy.org im Februar= 2000 > 1116 <Dokumente nicht gefunden.
Trotzdem blieb dieser hochfrequentierte Fehlerraum bis jetzt völlig
ungenutzt - BIS JETZT !

Verybusy.org eröffnet neuen künstlerischen Raum der bisher allenfalls
für Administatoren oder durch frustierte User interessant war.
Da der gesamte Server als offene und autonom erweiterbare Architektur
konzipiert wurde, ist es möglich seine persönlichen Fehlermeldungen zu

integrieren, die dann - im Fehlerfall, per Zufall aus dem Pool der
bestehenden Fehlermeldungen ausgewählt wird.

Für detailierte Informationen sehen Sie den "404 customizer" in Aktion. Er
wird durch jede UNG=DCLTIGE url auf www.verybusy.org aktiv.
z.b.
www.verybusy.org/sdghfbfer/ oder
www.verybusy.org/hierkannirgendwasstehenwasesnichtgibt oder ..

....DEUTSCH : Joint Venture Ausstellungsdokumentation   :::::::::::::::: :

: .  .
2.2.
Die erfolgreiche Medienkunstausstellung "Joint Venture" die vom
03.02.-10.02.2000 in Leipzig stattfand, wurde unter
www.verybusy.org/jointventure/docu/

dokumentiert. Auf der Page finden sich Snapshot Bilder vom Videomaterial,
Fotos, Realvideo von Christoph Blases Eröffnungsrede, Pressemeldungen und
vieles mehr.

....DEUTSCH : Internet Fiesta Server Präsentation   :::::::::::::::: : : .
  .
2.3.
Am 20.03.2000 findet die 2. vom Medienstadt Leipzig e.V. organisierte
"Internet Fiesta" in der
Moritzbastei / Leipzig  statt. Eine komplette Programmübersicht finden Sie

unter (www.medienstadt-leipzig.org/fiesta)

um 18.00 Uhr
wird es eine Präsentation des verybusy.org Servers im Rahmen des
Programmbeitrags "eGalerie - Kunst im Internet" geben, der
von Grit Kleindienst, Mark Daniel, Dr. Juergen Bewilogua und mir Stephan
(Spiv) Schröder moderiert werden wird.

###   #       #

thanks,
sincerely yours
spiv.

busy admin staff.

Got heared !
submit your work to verybusy.org the hardwired arts finder :
http://www.verybusy.org/add.htm

www.verybusy.org ::::::::::: center:::4::hardwired::::arts