nettime_announcer on Mon, 28 Feb 2000 12:39:24 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 00.09 [c]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
                                                                   | 0 0 . 0 9 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  c <<

                                                                         - - - -
          mailme@etoy.com : TOYWAR.hero-parade: www.etoy.com is back !   | 2 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck@v2.nl> : Last Call media\art award 2000   | 2 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
    cary peppermint <mint@progirl.com> : USE CARY PEPPERMINT AS MEDIUM   | 2 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
    Susanne Dickel <susanne@tmg.co.uk> : Bosnian Institute News Update   | 2 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                        "\(Y\)" <yann@x-arn.org> : Re: JODI DEATHMATCH   | 2 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
                                    bobig <bobig@infonie.fr> : austria   | 2 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
siclodi@kunsthalle-tirol.at : YOUR PRIVATE SKY - R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER   | 2 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                          mailto:nettime@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

TOYWAR.news-flash

PARADE - 130.000 people already joined the TOYWAR.parade and
celebrate the return of www.etoy.com on february 18, 2000. cheer
on the heroines & heroes: http://www.etoy.com/
TOURS - SPECIAL OFFER FOR ART TOURISTS: http://www.toywar.com
ART DEAL - TOYWAR AT POSTMASTERS GALLERY IN NEW YORK - CONTRACTS
SIGNED THIS WEEK .... http://www.postmastersart.com
COCKTAILS - the etoy.CORPORATION invites venture capitalists,
TOY.soldiers and journalists to a smalltalk party in new york
city next sunday, february 27 2000
CD - TOYWAR.lullaby SOUNDTRACK CD ON THE WAY !
WAR - TOYWAR.generals consider LEONARDO.intervention.

details:

PARADE - after the dismissal of the insane LAWSUIT was signed by
the judge in los angeles last week the TOYWAR.community elected
12 TOYWAR.generals and 45 TOYWAR.heroes who are right now proudly
marching off the legendary battlefield (displayed on www.etoy.com).
their services are compensated with a huge amount of etoy.SHARES
and plastic medals! all generals, heroes/heroines automatically
reached full etoy.AGENT-STATUS and become official shareholders
of the etoy.CORPORATION (documents, contracts and the rules will
be sent out). 260 additional brave toysoldiers who reached more
than 80 etoy.POINTS during this war were also awarded with the
official etoy.AGENT-TITLE and become shareholders.

750 soldiers who participated in the operation "TOYWAR.com
TOY-HARBOR" between november 29, 1999 and january 10, 2000 are
promoted to the rank of a TOYWAR.veteran and become immortal
like all high ranking members (not having to buy energy anymore).

the etoy.CORPORATION thanks all the TOY.soldiers for spontaneous,
creative, playful and dynamic protection of the etoy.BRAND and
the successful information&art attacks.

OFFICIAL SLOGAN: ecommerce giants will never forget xmas 99.

TOURS - SPECIAL ADVENTURE TRIPS TO TOYWAR.com FOR TOURISTS! NO
RECRUITING NECESSARY FOR DEFCON 3: http://www.toywar.com/
LEARN MORE ABOUT ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE PERFORMANCES IN ART
HISTORY (4,5 BILLION DOLLARS) AND STUDY THE IMPACT GENERATED
WORLDWIDE.

ordinary people now have the opportunity to be airdropped to one
of the TOYWAR.battlefield and to visit the legendary TCP/IP shelters
and media rocket launchers...used during the guerilla TOYWAR.

15 minutes guided tour for everyone who missed the battle.
ART DEAL - postmasters gallery, new york presents etoy

etoy will show more than 40 etoy.SHARE-CERTIFICATES, etoy.TANK7
AND THE TOYWAR.battlefields in MAY 2000. curated by suzy meszoly.

etoy.CURATOR: suzanne meszoly
opening: saturday, april 29, 2000
closing: thursday, may 11, 2000

TREMENDOUS TOYWAR VICTORY PARTY PLANNED FOR SAT. MAY 14
(AGENT! QUIT YOUR JOB & BOOK A PLANE !)

COCKTAILS - the etoy.MANAGEMENT will be in new york for the
silicon alley 2000 conference and to do twisted business. we invite
all agents, activists, journalists and involved toy retailers /
nasdaq brokers to exclusive cocktails presented by the thing new york,
the postmasters gallery and our curator, suzy meszoly.
sunday february 27, 6 to 8pm. location: THE THING 601 west 26 street
16 floor new york, NY 10001 phone: 212 - 366 9738
directions: chelsea district (26 street btw 11 & 12 avenue)

CD - TOYWAR SOUNDTRACK "TOYWAR.lullabies": 3 further sensational
tracks uploaded after the mastering forced the crisis-control-board
to stop the assembly line and to remaster the product! 1600 units
will be delivered in 3 weeks. plus value: groundbreaking viral impact.

WAR - solidarity message: the etoy.BRAND is still in the hands
of the etoy.CORPORATION because thousands of net users
expressed solidarity and showed that they are willing to fight.

it is for sure that we will also help others to protect themselves
against corporate fools who bulldoze culture & lifestyle. the
TOYWAR weapons & knowhow are locked with a security code at the
moment... but the 12 TOYWAR.generals are able to decide on the
reactivation of the TOYWAR.bombs within minutes and put out an order:

LEONARDO ART VS. LEONARDO FINANCE: lets just warn these guys.
leonardo finance should study the eToys vs. etoy battle and leave the
legal jungle ... there is not much to win for a company like they are....
1780 experienced and euphoric TOYWAR.agents just wait to test all the
weapons we had to hold back in the TOYWAR.shelter.

do these people look smart enough to handle TOYWAR II ¿¿¿
http://www.leonardofinance.fr/anglais/presentation/presentation.htm

LEONARDO FINANCE IS THE PERFECT TARGET. NO ONE WILL HELP THEM IF
THOUSANDS START TO HASSLE THEM WITH LEGAL TOOLS AND QUESTIONS.
NO COMPANY, LAWFIRM AND PR OFFICE IN THE WORLD CAN DO BUSINESS IF
THE COMMUNITY TURNS AGAINST THEM. etoy does not promote illegal
strategies... we just call for solidarity and smart resistance...
its just a combination of intelligent entertainment for all of us,
the fight for freedom of culture and a good opportunity to do media
art BUT a pain for those who do not understand the net.
---> ask toby@etoys.com. he probably learned.

the TOYWAR.generals had a first brief meeting with the involved
people and seriously consider a massive LEONARDO.intervention.

etoy - billions and billions confused.

for the etoy.SHAREHOLDERS: the etoy.MANAGEMENT

etoy.ZAI (CEO)
etoy.GRAMAZIO (PRESIDENT)
etoy.KUBLI (LEGAL AFFAIRS)
etoy.MONO (CRISIS-CONTROL)

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

ENGLISH: [TIME /digital]
http://www.pathfinder.com/time/digital/daily/0,2822,38201,00.html
GERMAN: [der Spiegel]
http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/ebusiness/nf/0,1518,61247,00.html
ITALIAN: [La Repubblica]
http://www.repubblica.it/online/tecnologie_internet/etoy/etoy/etoy.html
FRENCH: [Le Monde]
wysiwyg://495/http://www.lemonde.fr/article/0,2320,seq-2060-39839-MIA,00.html

MEDIA COVERAGE / ALL:
http://dmoz.org/Society/Activism/Media_Activism/Culture_Jamming/etoy/Media_
Coverage/

theoretical background information provided by reinhold grether
(english version): SOON !

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:41:20 +0100
From: Claudia Gehrig <cgehrig@zkm.de>

Last Call for Entries

Noch bis zum 1. März 2000 können Medienkünstler Arbeiten zum Thema
"Urbanismus" beim \\internationalen medien\kunstpreis 2000 einreichen.

This is a reminder for artists who wish to submit entries to the
\\international media\art award 2000 . Deadline is the 1st of March. All
entries must be related to
this year's topic "urbanism".

For information see: http://www.medienkunstpreis.de

Tel. +49 (0)721 8100-1150
Fax. +49 (0)721 8100-1139

  //||||| / |< ||| Zentrum fuer Kunst und Medientechnologie
   //||||| / |< |||     Center for Art and Media
    K A R L S R U H E   (Germany)

Claudia Gehrig Dipl. Bibl.
ZKM | Mediathek                                Fon 0721/8100 - 1708
Lorenzstrasse 19                               Fax 0721/8100 - 1709
76135 Karlsruhe                                Email: cgehrig@zkm.de
Germany                                        http://www.zkm.de

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

AS PART OF THE SHOW "GREATER NEW YORK: NEW ART IN NEW YORK NOW" AT PS1

USE CARY PEPPERMINT AS MEDIUM: EXPOSURE #8818: AN ART AUCTION VIA EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=269283816

------------------
The high-bidder will have the rare opportunity to make art using artist Cary
Peppermint.  High-bidder will email specific instructions/directions for
Cary to perform.  High-bidder will then receive a 5-15 minute VHS of
Peppermint following high bidder's instructions and thus making an art
EXPOSURE via video.  High-bidder will be granted all rights to reproduction
and distribution of this EXPOSURE and will be credited as director in the
opening credits of the actual tape.

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION: Bidder's instructions MUST relate to the
definitions found under button titled "LOCAL 152" at
http://www.artnetweb.com/peppermint/mv77/

Cary Peppermint reserves the right to refuse any instructions that may cause
bodily harm or reduce this project to a mono-channel of humor, irony or
otherwise hackneyed form of entertainment.  All instructions delivered with
simulation-sincerity in scope and purpose for the creation of an EXPOSURE
will be honored and delivered in a timely and professional manner.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

BOSNIAN INSTITUTE, London
NEWS UPDATE, February 2000

http://www.bosnia.org.uk

BOSNIAN INSTITUTE EVENT & LATEST BOSNIA REPORT

Monday 6 March, 2000: Kurt Bassuener: "US Policy today in the former
Yugoslavia"

The Bosnian Institute's Monthly Public Forums are held on the first
Monday of every month except August (or the second Monday, if the first
is a Bank Holiday). Meetings take place in the Boardroom, University of
Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London, W1 from 7 to 9 PM. Closest
underground station: Oxford Circus.

Kurt Bassuener is Director of the Balkan Action Council, based in
Washington DC. He has recently returned from Bosnia where he was
involved in preparing a critical analysis of the OSCE's proposed
electoral law. Mr Bassuener was formerly Policy Analyst at the Balkan
Institute.

Also: NEW BOSNIA REPORT NO 13/14 DECEMBER 1999 - FEBRUARY 2000

See http://www.bosnia.org.uk for details.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

                x-00_
>               I I
>               I~I
>               I~I
>       __    _ I~I _  .
>       \ \  I_I/I-II-II
>        \~~\'   `-'`-'~I
>         \_ ) ~\_ /~~  )
>           \_    ¥    )'
>             \   ^   /
>              |~   ~|
>               =====
TOTALFRSTATE-X6OO
http://x-arn.org/x-00/FTH.html

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

http://perso.infonie.fr/bobig/austria.html

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 2 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

Press Release

Exhibition
YOUR PRIVATE SKY - R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER
26 February 2000 – 14 May 2000

R. Buckminster Fuller
and
Christoph Blum, Frankfurt
Carsten Hoeller, Cologne
I/O/D, www.backspace.org/iod
N55, Copenhagen
Mathias Poledna, Vienna/Los Angeles
studio1@uibk.ac.at
Students of the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich:
Carolin Haecker, Cornelius Hofmeister, Joachim Kaiser, Michael Matthes

Opening:
Friday, 25 February 2000, 19:00

Exhibition Duration:
26 February – 14 May 2000

The KUNSTHALLE TIROL presents from 26 February to 14 May 2000 the
exhibition
YOUR PRIVATE SKY - R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER:

R. Buckminster Fuller (1895-1983) belongs to the most significant
American thinkers of the
20th century. His field of action was architecture and building as
shaping the environment, but
the background of his work is much more comprehensive: they weave
together basic artistic,
historical, sociological, economic and ecological connections.
In his way of thought Buckminster Fuller introduced expressions like
‘spaceship earth’ or
‘synergy’ into the discourse of architecture and cultural sciences. Many
of his maxims – think
global, act local – have become part of the common way of thinking. With
the Expo-Pavillion
of the USA for the World Exhibition 1967 in Montreal the utopian input
of his thoughts about
design achieved exceptional popularity.  Fullers view of the world made
him an interesting
discussion partner for the leadership of the US army; a few years later,
he was nothing less
than a guru for the hippie-generation. Towards the end of his life, he
held the Norton Chair for
Poetry in Harvard. Fuller paved the way for a process oriented,
dynamical perception of the
world which is still very substantive today, especially in the framework
of the arts and of nano-
technology.
Symbol and real place of the merging of intellectual energy was the
Black Mountain College in
North Carolina, where Buckminster Fuller lived in the late Forties. The
Black Mountain College
was the early model of a University oriented towards the arts which was
as a magnet for an
artistic and intellectual avant-garde and showed how a rich universe
could crystallize in one
place.

The mobile exhibition YOUR PRIVATE SKY shows R. Buckminster Fuller as a
brilliant borderliner
between natural sciences and humanities through models, pictures,
photographs, maps, film
sequences and other documents. The KUNSTHALLE TIROL introduces new foci
on the logistics
of the exhibition, Fuller’s concept of the ‘World Game’ in connection
with interactive internet-
projects and the weaving together of the documentary part with positions
of contemporary
artists, whose concepts draw connections to Buckminster Fuller’s
interdisciplinary way of
thinking.  further focus with models, pictures,

The KUNSTHALLE TIROL is throughout Europe the only station where the
comprehensive
material of the Buckminster Fuller Archive in Santa Barbara, California,
is shown.

A symposium with international leading researchers on Buckminster Fuller
(28 April – 1 May
2000 in Hall) and 'In Bucky’s Footsteps in New York', an excursion to
the north-American
metropolis to, among other events, to the Whitney-Biennal (end of May
2000) complement the
exhibition YOUR PRIVATE SKY.

Accompanying the exhibition, Lars Mueller, Baden/Schweiz, has produced a
two volume catalog.
The first volume ‘Your Private Sky: R. Buckminster Fuller – Design als
Kunst einer Wissenschaft’
(edited by Joachim Krausse and Claude Lichtenstein) has already appeared
in english and german.
The second volume ‘Your Private Sky: Discourse’ will appear during the
exhibition in the
KUNSTHALLE TIROL. Both volumes are available from the KUNSTHALLE TIROL.

Institut für Bilderzeugung (Institute for the Production of Images at
the KUNSTHALLE TIROL)

Collaborative Hypertext: Bucky City > in the Internet-Café of the
KUNSTHALLE TIROL:

The Storyspace Hypertext ‘Bucky City’ gives a surprising introduction
into Buckminster Fuller’s
world on the one hand and is a tool for thinking that invites and
integrates the visitors of the
Kunsthalle Tyrol on the other hand. In the Internet-Café, visitors can
find their personal way
through a virtual city which is inspired by Buckminster Fuller. More
interestingly, they can
write their own part of the city or comment on what others have written.
Different links
between the single texts show surprising relations and make new
connections possible. A
document evolves which is not subject to the hierarchies of printed text
but rather a net of
communication. The Storyspace hypertext is on the homepage of the
Kunsthalle Tyrol via
Internet in the Form of a website. Visitors of the Homepage can send
their texts via e-mail to
bucky@kunsthalle-tirol.at, to be included in the hypertext.

Areas of the exhibition
YOUR PRIVATE SKY – R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER
KUNSTHALLE TIROL, Hall in Tyrol
26 February – 14 May 2000
1. Buckminster Fuller Navigator
2. Biography
3. Lightful house / 4-D house
4. Dymaxion house
5. Avant-garde in Greenwich Village
6. Dymaxion Car
7. Dymaxion bathroom
8. DDU, Dymaxion Deployment Unit
9. Wichita house
10. Pre-Production
11. Fortune magazine
12. World map
13. Fuller Research Foundation
14. Architecture out of the laboratory
15. Geodesic Domes
16. Tensegrity
17. Whole earth catalogue & dome builders
18. World Game
19. Tetrascroll
20. Predecessors and students
21. Nano / like nature builds
22. Bucky & friends
23. Models
24. Curtains

The documentary exhibition is a project of the Kunsthalle Tyrol together
with the Museum für
Gestaltung Zürich, the Design Museum London, the Stiftung Bauhaus
Dessau, the Zeppelin-
Museum Friedrichshafen and the publishing house Lars Müller,
Baden/Switzerland, in
collaboration with the Buckminster Fuller Institute / Buckminster Fuller
Archive, Santa
Barbara, California

25. works by contemporary artists:

     Christoph Blum, Frankfurt am Main > ) (, 2000
     Carsten Hoeller, Cologne > series  'Spieltafel', 1998
     I/O/D, www.backspace.org/iod (London) > I/O/D 4.0 'The Web
Stalker', 1998
     N55, Copenhagen > Dynamic Chair, Lamp and Dispenser, 2000
     Mathias Poledna, Vienna/Los Angeles > 'Whole World Catalogue', 2000

     studio1@uibk.ac.at, Innsbruck > 'FFWD', Fernfahrer-Projekt (truck
driver project), 1999-2000
     Students of the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich:
     Carolin Haecker > 'etwas bleibt immer außer betracht...', 1999
     Cornelius Hofmeister > 'Seilschaft', 2000
     Joachim Kaiser > 'Zweipol' (two pole), 2000 (beehive-installation)
     Michael Matthes > 'Empfangseinheit, Hall' (receiving unit, Hall),
2000

Christoph Blum, Frankfurt am Main
The situate artwork by Christoph Blum focuses on the logistics of the
mobile exhibition YOUR
PRIVATE SKY: the temporary situation of construction in the Kunsthalle
Tyrol is – in the form
of different crates and packing materials not, as usual, hidden and
stored away, but left in its
purpose-oriented arrangement – itself visible part of the exhibition.
A model of the actual exhibition architecture (scale 1:50), which shows
in the hall of the
Kunsthalle Tyrol the objects of the exhibition as a map of the
situation, but contains their
wrappings true to detail, turns around the content-form-relation of the
objects.

Carsten Hoeller, Cologne
The series ‘Spieltafel’ (‘gameboard’) by Carsten Hoeller, who calls
himself a ‘Bucky-Fan’, takes up
the topic of the game and the with Buckminster Fuller central idea of a
sensible use of
resources of an existent system. The games by Höller have in common,
that no material – like
dices, paper etc. – is used for playing.
Carsten Hoeller: ‘Try to smile symmetrically without a reason: both
corners of the mouth should
be drawn up equally high. Most people can move the right corner of the
mouth better than the
left, maybe because it is controlled by the left ‘rational’ half of the
brain. A crooked smile with
the right corner of the mouth is easy to achieve but looks ‘wrong’
whereas the corner of the
mouth which is harder to control – and so the symmetrical smile – stands
for ‘true feelings’.

I/O/D, www.backspace.org/iod
The London group of artists I/O/D (Simon Pope, Colin Green and Matthew
Fuller) uses methods
of deconstruction. The latest version of their internet-browser, ‘The
Web Stalker’ (I/O/D 4) is
one of the most complex art projects on the topic of the internet
browser. Since 1998, it can
be downloads freely. ‘The Web Stalker’ softens the borders between art
and software. In
opposition to Netscape navigator or Microsoft internet explorer, ‘The
Web Stalker’ presents
www-pages not analogue to the source code, but shows links between
different homepages.
The relations are visualized cartographically, the evolving structures
correspond with the
constructions and the way of thinking of Buckminster Fuller.
I/O/D are currently working on an update of the ‘Web Stalker’; the new
version will be
presented during the Buckminster Fuller Symposium at the KUNSTHALLE
TIROL in late April
2000.

N55, Copenhagen
The group of artists N55 (Jon Sørvin/DK, Rikke Luther/DK, Cecilia
Wendt/S and Ingvil
Aarbakke/N) based in Copenhagen make ‘art for daily use’. The basis of
the production of pieces of
furniture is an esthetic and theoretical reflection upon existing
concepts. The background of
their interest in solving problems in concrete and significant
situations of everyday life is the
synergetic way of thinking of Buckminster Fuller. In the Kunsthalle
Tyrol, N55 exhibit three
objects: dynamic chair – a mobile seating object, lamp – a light object
and dispenser 2000 – a
box which dispenses brochures to topics of art and ethics.

Mathias Poledna, Vienna/Los Angeles
The contribution of Mathias Poledna deals with the historicity of
strategies of self-
empowerment and concepts of ‘the alternative’. Point of departure is the
‘Whole Earth Catalog’,
first published in 1968 and influenced by the ideas of Buckminster
Fuller. The ‘Catalog’, in
design and concept an alternative version of the classical American mail
order catalog ‘Sears &
Roebuck’, introduces products for the individual self-empowerment and
education about
alternative ways of living. During the complete duration of  the
exhibition, a step-by-step
“shopping basket” of products which were presented in the original
catalog of 1968 and are
still available today in the same or a modified form. Mathias Poledna
works as artist and free
author (among others Texte zur Kunst, Springerin). He has edited  ‚The
making of‘
(Generali Foundation/Walther König 1998) and co-edited ‚Sharawadgi‘
(Felsenvilla/Walther König 1999).

studio1@uibk.ac.at
Thomas Thaler and Christoph Hager, students of architecture from
Innsbruck, present the
project ‚FFWD oder das entstehen einer temporären gemeinde‘ (‘FFWD or
the development of a
temporary community’).
Recent stages:
neighborhood: this expression was significant for the planned
development of a new
‘temporary’ community of truck drivers, who drive with their ‘home’
across the Brenner pass,
and residents of the village Gries am Brenner.
1st contact by letter: Yellow postcards, addressed to residents of Gries
am Brenner, were
distributed among the truck drivers with the request to send them back
to Gries from their
route through Europe.
2nd contact by picture: through a photo of each truck driver with ‘his’
postcard, a picture
joined the name. On a large poster board on the main square, the
Griesians saw the face to
‘their’ postcard.
3rd contact physical: in a small soccer game, truck drivers played
against Gries am Brenner
residents. The single ‘community members’ of FFWD came into personal
contact.

In the presentation of the work in the Kunsthalle Tyrol, the development
of the temporary
community will be continued. The visitor is invited to send a yellow
postcard to any resident of
Gries am Brenner as a personal invitation and to be included in the
second stage of the project
by being photographed with the postcard.

Students of the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich (Prof. Res Ingold):

Carolin Häcker
‚etwas bleibt immer außer betracht...‘ (‘something is always left out of
consideration’)  by
Carolin Häcker  is a light installation which focuses on source of light
and reflection. In
keeping with Fuller’s way of thinking, she makes the perception of the
observer by changes of
the way of looking or the point of view her theme.

 Cornelius Hofmeister
‚Seilschaft‘ (‘rope team’): Columns make up the central axis of the
KUNSTHALLE TIROL. The
columns are entwined by a rope and joined tightly. From two of these
columns, the rope leads
to a doorknob.

Joachim Kaiser
‚Zweipol‘ (‘two pole’), is a viewing case on a wall of the KUNSTHALLE
TIROL which joins inside
room with outside room. Bees use the case during the exhibition as their
living space.
Joachim Kaiser: ‘Fuller’s way of thinking is described as having two
poles: Fuller always
opposed his passionate pursuit of architecture and natural science with
the question of the
meaning of his work and its relation to the people and the environment.
The similarity in
structure between Fuller’s architecture and the way of building and
living in a beehive brings
inorganic and organic together.’

Michael Matthes
‚Empfangseinheit, Hall‘ (‘receiving unit, Hall’), focuses on Fuller’s
conception of spaceship
earth. The installation of an antenna on the roof of the KUNSTHALLE
TIROL in relation with the
workplace of the artist opens communication possibilities by satellite.

----------------------

KUNSTHALLE TIROL
Autobahnauffahrt Hall Mitte
6060 Hall in Tirol, Austria
info@kunsthalle-tirol.at
www.kunsthalle-tirol.at
T +43 5223 523 220
F +43 5223 523 229

Opening Hours:
Monday, Wednesday 14:00-18:00
Thursday, Sunday, Holidays 11:00-20:00
Friday, Saturday 11:00-23:00

Clubbings on the following Saturdays, 22:00:
DYMAXION BEAT > 4 March 2000
BEIGE RISING > 8 April 2000
SYNERGY DOME > 13 May 2000

Art Communication:
Guided Tours: Fridays, Saturdays, 17:00 and 19:00; Sundays 15:00 and
17:00
and by arrangement (info@kunsthalle-tirol.at, T +43 5223 523 220)
Art Information: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, 17:00
Art Communication for school groups by arrangement
(silvia.z@kunsthalle-tirol.at, T +43 676 605 7880)
Program for children: every Sunday, 15:00 and by arrangement
(silvia.z@kunsthalle-tirol.at, T +43 676 605 7880)
Introduction to the Internet in the Internet-Café of the Kunsthalle
Tyrol:
Fridays and Sundays, 15:00-18:00